Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
With New Year’s upon us, the big theme this week is — you guessed it — exercise. Kitchenware and a new line of food products are also in the mix.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Crane Foldable Exercise Bike, $89.99. If you’re looking for something to lose the holiday pounds, Aldi is selling this model. It has a heart rate monitor and an LCD screen that displays time, speed, distance, calories, RPM and pulse. It also comes with eight resistance settings and, as the name says, folds up to store in small spaces.
Special Buy (ALDI Finds) Highlights:
- A number of fitness-related items, including:
- Crane Fitness Towel in Mesh Bag, $3.99. A 24″ x 48″ microfiber towel made of a polyester and polyamide blend.
- Crane Exercise Ball, $6.99. A PVC ball that comes with a foot pump, exercise chart, spare plug, deflation tube, inflation adapter, and measuring tape. Is also compatible with a any standard pump. Weight capacity of 264 pounds. Comes in several sizes. According to Aldi:
- The 22″ size is for users up to 5’5″
- The 26″ size is for users between 5’3″ and 5’9″
- The 30″ size is for users between 5’7″ and 6’3″
- The 33″ size is for users up to 6’1″
- Crane Kettle Bell Set, $19.99. Comes with a 5 pound, 10 pound, and 15 pound bell, as well as an exercise chart and training DVD.
- Crane Fitness Bag, $14.99. Dimensions are 22.75″ x 11.5″ x 12.5″. Has a number of pockets, including a side panel shoe pocket, two interior pockets with a zipper pocket, an interior organizer with a zipper, and an exterior zipper pocket. Also has a shoulder pad.
- Several kitchen accessories, including:
Ambiano Food Dehydrator, $19.99. It’s BPA free.
Ambiano Personal Grill, $19.99. Comes in assorted colors.
Ambiano Mini Food Chopper, $7.99. It chops, dices, minces, or shreds, and it’s BPA free.
Ambiano Personal Drink Mixer, $14.99. Includes two 20-oz. BPA-free cups and leakproof lids, and it comes in assorted colors.
- Aldi is debuting a new food line called Earth Grown, a vegetarian and vegan line. Products include:
Earth Grown Veggie Burgers, $3.69. These come frozen in Asian or Thai flavors.
Earth Grown Meatless Jumbo Hot Dogs or Meatless Italian Sausages, $2.99.
Earth Grown Southwest Quinoa Crunch Burgers, $3.59. These come frozen.
Earth Grown Vegan Mozzarella Style Shreds, $3.29.
- Aldi also has a few SimplyNature products this week:
SimplyNature Coconut Bars, $3.99.
SimplyNature Ready to Serve Grains, $1.79. Varieties include Seven Grains or Quinoa & Brown Rice.
Goji Berries, $4.99.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
Just a reminder that some of Aldi’s produce and meats are now being sold per pound.
- SimplyNature Fresh Organic Grass Fed Family Pack 85/15 Ground Beef, $4.49 per pound.
- Fresh Farmed Coho Salmon, $9.99 per pound.