Fall is my favorite season, and Aldi brings in an array of Special Buys (ALDI Finds) to help me celebrate. The discount grocery store offers plenty of ways to help get your home, kitchen, and yard into the spirit of the season.
Note that not all of the following products are available all season at Aldi. You’ll want to keep an eye on the weekly ads so you’ll know what’s in stock.
My Favorite Fall Products at Aldi:
- Fresh Pumpkins. My local store sells good-sized pumpkins for around $2.50. They last for at least a month, often longer, on my front porch.
- Pumpkin Carving and Stencil Kits. If you plan to carve pumpkins, do it safely with a carving kit. You can buy one at Aldi.
- Mini Pumpkins and Mini Gourds. In addition to full-sized pumpkins, Aldi usually sells mesh bags containing about half a dozen mini pumpkins or mini gourds. These make for good decorations around the house and also last a while.
- Baker’s Corner Canned Pumpkin. I like baking pie or pumpkin bread with the Baker’s Corner All Natural 100% Pure Pumpkin. It comes with a pumpkin pie recipe on the can.
- Halloween Candy. This is definitely the place to shop when you need to stock up for trick or treaters. Aldi basically dedicates an entire aisle all October to a large variety of name-brand Halloween candy, including Hershey’s bars, Snickers, Milky Ways, Three Musketeers, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Sweet Tarts, Skittles, Laffy Taffy, Starburst, Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Roll Pops, and Smarties. You can buy bags of candy for as little as $2 for Smarties up to $20 for large 250-piece variety packs containing Twix, M&Ms, Snickers, and the like. You’ll also find a ready supply of candy corn, as well as other treats like Halloween-themed fruit snacks and Rice Krispie Treats.
- Nature’s Nectar 100% Apple Cider. Aldi sells this every fall in gallon jugs. I can’t tell the difference between the Aldi version and what’s sold in traditional grocery stores. It’s pressed from fresh apples and pasteurized and usually found near the produce. If hot apple cider is more your thing, Aldi also sells boxes of individual hot apple cider mix envelopes as well.
- Caramel Apples. Through the fall season, Aldi stocks caramel apples covered in chopped peanuts. Sometimes the store carries my favorite: caramel apples covered with semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. Look for them in the produce section.
- Specially Selected Pumpkin Cake Roll. I’ve written about this before, and it’s still one of my family’s favorites. This is pumpkin-flavored cake rolled up with a cream cheese-type filling, and it’s delish. You can find it in the Special Buy (ALDI Finds) freezer section.
- Pumpkin-Flavored Everything. If you name it, Aldi might have it in a pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin-flavored items might include pumpkin pie ice cream, pumpkin spice muffins, pumpkin pie-flavored cookies, pumpkin spice cupcake mix, pumpkin bread mix, pumpkin spice coffee products, pumpkin spice cream cheese, classic pumpkin pie and a few cheesecake-style variations, and even some pumpkin spice alcoholic beverages.
- Fresh Apples and Apple Baked Goods. In addition to fresh apples, Aldi sells items such as caramel apple cupcake mix, apple crisp baking mix, and apple pie.
- Berryhill Creamy Caramel Dip. This stuff is great slightly warmed in the microwave and served with sliced apples for dipping.
- General Mills Monsters Cereals. Every fall, the discount grocer sells name brand Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry name brand cereals, much to my children’s delight.
- Mums. Chrysanthemums are classic fall outdoor decor, and Aldi sells good-sized, nearly blooming plants for as little as $2.99 in my store. I’ve got two Aldi mums in pots on my front porch that have been growing there going on three years.
- Flower bulbs. While you don’t exactly enjoy flowers like daffodils or tulips in the fall, Aldi sells the bulbs for fall planting during this time. I have Aldi daffodils and tulips planted in my front yard that have bloomed reliably for six years and counting.
- Home Decor. All season long, Aldi rolls out a stream of fall-themed decorations such as decorative pumpkins, door mats, fall-themed candles and wax warmers with melts, inflatable yard decorations, and door wreaths. You never really know what’s going to show up, but that’s part of the fun.
What are your favorite fall products at Aldi?