Welcome to ALDI REVIEWER, an independent site for Aldi product reviews, news, and features. If this is your first time on our site (or even if it isn’t), here are some of the basics.
Our site was born in July 2016 after two Aldi shoppers discovered how hard it was to find information about Aldi products outside of Aldi’s own website. Many times we wondered if a product was any good, only to find that there was no one out there to review it other than a few obscure international message boards or the occasional post on a mom blog.
So we decided to make a review site of our own.
Our goal is simple: to provide a place where Aldi shoppers can get an independent take on Aldi products. (We also occasionally review products from Aldi’s distant cousin, Trader Joe’s.) We are not affiliated with or endorsed by Aldi or its subsidiaries — the opinions expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors only.
At this time, our posts focus primarily on Aldi in the United States. However, there are a few instances where our posts may be relevant to Aldi shoppers in other parts of the world, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, or Australia. For example, some products sold by Aldi US — especially non-food items like camping gear — are also sold in other parts of the world. We’re always interested in hearing comments regardless of what part of the world you’re from, and we welcome post submissions from anywhere.
Ground Rules For Comments
We encourage visitors to share their own opinions over the products in the appropriate comments section or by contacting us. Our only request is that you keep things polite and clean. We reserve the right to moderate comments that we feel violate the spirit of civility.
We use a fair amount of Aldi lingo on this site. (If you’ve never been to Aldi before, you might want to read our guide for first-time visitors.) In particular, this site uses a few “Aldi-isms.”
- Regular Buy refers to items that are on Aldi’s shelf all the time.
- ALDI Finds (or what Aldi US used to call Special Buys) refers to limited stock items that rotate in and out of the Aldi shelf. Typically these only come in one shipment, and once they’re gone, they’re gone.
- Seasonal Favorites (or what Aldi used to call Seasonal Items) refer to products that Aldi rotates in for a few weeks or months at a time, especially around the winter (Christmas) holiday season. Unlike ALDI Finds, they seem to be replenished for the time they are in stores.
If if you think we’ve incorrectly categorized an item, let us know.
Some Recommended Starter Posts
- Going to Aldi for the First Time: A Simple Guide
- Aldi Etiquette: Dos and Dont’s
- When Do Aldi Ads Take Effect? Wednesday or Sunday?
- Special Buys vs. ALDI Finds — What’s the Difference?
- What are Aldi Seasonal Favorites?
- Why Can’t I Buy This Product at Aldi Anymore?
- What are Aldi’s Hours?
- Are Aldi and Trader Joe’s the Same Company?
- Aldi Reviewer: How to Interact With Us