Simply Nature Organic Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread

We can all agree that sometimes the pumpkin spice trend goes a bit too far. To see what I mean, go take this quiz that highlights how absurd the pumpkin thing has gotten. Pumpkin Spice Pringles, anyone?

However, I love a good pumpkin treat. If you’re trying to stick with real pumpkin products this season, Aldi’s Simply Nature Organic Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread is worth trying. It has classic pumpkin flavor without being overwhelming, and it doesn’t taste fake or overly sweet.

Simply Nature Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread

This bread was $3.99 for a 20-oz. loaf at the time of publication. It’s a Seasonal Favorite at Aldi, which means it should be on store shelves through the fall. Aldi stocks its Seasonal Favorites for a longer time than its ALDI Finds (Special Buys), but they are not on shelves year round, so you still won’t want to delay if you really want to try this bread.

The pumpkin spice bread is advertised as low fat with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. The bread is certified organic by Oregon Tilth.

The ingredients list looks fairly straightforward with items like organic white wheat flour, organic cane sugar, and organic pumpkin puree.

Those with allergies should be aware that this contains wheat.

Simply Nature Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread ingredients and nutrition info

Simply Nature Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread ingredients and nutrition information. (Click to enlarge.)

A one-slice (44 grams) serving has 140 calories, 2 grams of total fat (3% of your daily value), 0 grams of saturated fat, 0 mg of cholesterol, 135 mg of sodium (6% DV), 26 grams of total carbohydrates (9% DV), 8 grams of sugar, and 7 grams of added sugars (14% DV). One serving also contains 3 grams of protein.

This is a hearty, harder, drier bread than the dessert-style pumpkin bread I make every year from scratch at home, and the Aldi bread is less sweet than what I make. It has a light, uneven glaze of sugar on top, but the bread overall is not as sweet as you might expect. It’s like a pumpkin version of the hearty pre-sliced cinnamon raisin bread loaves you can often get at the grocery store.

You can eat the Simply Nature Organic Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread on its own with no toppings, but I think it needs a little something else. It can be good lightly toasted with a little butter or pumpkin butter spread on top. It also would be good used in French toast. Or if you’re really adventurous you could use the bread to make a Thanksgiving-style turkey sandwich, but I’m not sure that would be my thing. I generally stick to eating this bread lightly toasted with some butter on top.

The Verdict:

Aldi’s Simply Nature Organic Pumpkin Spice It Up Bread has classic pumpkin flavor without tasting overwhelming or too sweet. While it’s not a health food because of the carbs — and it has some sugar — the ingredients list is pretty recognizable. This is a good bread to eat lightly toasted with butter or another spread or topping, or put a twist on traditional French toast by using this bread in your recipe.

About Rachael

Rachael is the Co-founder of Aldi Reviewer. When she isn't busy shopping at Aldi, she enjoys cooking, gardening, writing gothic romance, and collecting more houseplants than she probably should. You can learn more about her at


  1. Last ingredient is “enzymes”. That’s vague isn’t it?

  2. I would have liked it if there was a little more pumpkin spice flavor. If it was between this and Aldi’s Cinnamon Breakfast bread, the cinnamon would win.

  3. Good review. I like this bread as a dessert.

  4. Aldi hasn’t sold this bread in at least years.

  5. I had to search 3 stores to find this bread the last couple of years. Where is it?!?!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *