Do you like Aldi products? Do you have a burning desire to review them?
We’re soliciting a limited number of contributions to our ever-growing lineup of Aldi product reviews. At present, we are looking for posts primarily in the following areas:
- Little Journey: the Aldi baby line (except diapers)
- Aldi beers and wines
- Aldi coffee
- liveGfree: the Aldi gluten-free line
- Elevation: the Aldi protein bar and protein shake line
- Aldi dog food
- Aldi products exclusive to non-U.S. markets, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Australia
- Selected Trader Joe’s products (please query first)
This page is meant to explain our writing guidelines, submission guidelines, and how to submit.
(If you are interested in doing a sponsored post on our site, please contact us directly.)
If you’re reading this, you probably have a good idea of our writing style, but we’ll briefly recap: we do reviews of Aldi products, including food, non-food, Regular Buys, and Special Buys. On rare occasions, we also do other features, such as reviews of recipes posted on Aldi’s website or other Aldi-focused pieces. Our reviews typically consist of a body review along with a verdict at the end.
Our product reviews generally fall under one of two categories:
- Single-item posts (example). Our single-item posts tend to run 300-600 words and contain at least one photo.
- Compilation posts (example). Our compilation posts typically run 700-1200 words, review 3+ products in the same general category, and contain at least one photo per product. (We strongly advise querying us before submitting a compilation post. See below.)
Before submitting, please make note of the following:
- Submitting a product review is not a guarantee of publication. We advise anyone interested in guest posting to familiarize yourself with our style before posting, and to carefully proofread potential submissions. We are more likely to accept submissions that are polished and fit our post style.
- If we plan to use your post we’ll let you know. We will contact you within 4 weeks of submission if we plan to use your post. If you don’t hear from us, assume we are not posting your review. Don’t take it personally if you don’t hear from us; this can be for any number of reasons, including someone else already being assigned to review the product in question.
- Be sure to include at least one product photo with a single-item post and at least one photo per product for compilation posts. We generally prefer your own photo over stock photos. Also, we’re not professional food photographers, but try to take as simple and clean of a photo as you can. We are more likely to accept submissions with a decent photo.
- We reserve the right to make editorial changes to submitted posts. We do this in order to bring them into line with our writing guidelines, although we try very hard to preserve each author’s opinion and voice. We may also crop or otherwise edit photos to make them fit our site.
- You may query us about a topic before submitting a post. If you would like to query us about a topic (i.e. ask about topic availability before submitting a full post) you can reach us over at our Contact Page. We especially advise doing this for a compilation post. If you don’t hear from us in 4 weeks, assume it is not a product or compilation we are currently seeking.
- Guest posters are credited with the post by first name and, if desired, a URL link. A guest post will include the guest poster’s first name at the top of the post and a brief bio at the bottom (example). We can also include a URL link embedded in the name to a blog or other online profile, although we reserve the right to accept or decline URL links that suggest a conflict of interest or otherwise conflicts with the vision for the site. We will contact guest posters with any URL concerns prior to a post going live.
- At this time, we are not offering compensation for guest posts. We do not offer monetary compensation, nor do we supply products for review. (You do, however, get to experience the joy of being read by others, plus you get an excuse to buy and try out Aldi products.)
If you’re interested in writing for us, feel free to submit a post using the form below, or you can query us using our Contact Page.