In the Aldi print ad for the week of July 1, 2020, the grocer announced that it will donate a portion of proceeds from certain Aldi Find products sold in stores that week to the childhood cancer research organization, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
At ALDI, we care about health and hunger-related issues in our communities. This week, we’re donating to childhood cancer research when you buy items with the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation logo.
In the ad’s fine print, Aldi also says: “A portion of the proceeds from lemon-themed items with the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation logo will be donated directly to the organization, up to a total of $1 million.”
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is based in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. According to its website, the charity was founded by Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer, just before her first birthday. She hosted her first lemonade stand in her front yard to raise money for childhood cancer when she was 4 years old. She passed away in 2004 at age 8 after having raised more than $1 million.
The Foundation states its mission is: “To change the lives of children with cancer through funding impactful research, raising awareness, supporting families, and empowering everyone to help cure childhood cancer.”
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation has a rating of four out of four stars on Charity Navigator, which rates charities based on their financial management, transparency, and accountability.
Limited-time lemon-themed products available at Aldi will include disposable plates and napkins, kitchen items, totes, and a variety of food and drink. These are all Aldi Finds, which means they are only in stores for a short time. If you miss out on these purchases, you can still donate to support the Foundation here.
Below are some of the items that will be available.
Housewares and Non-Consumables:
- Boulder Lemon Tableware Assortment, $0.89 cents each. This selection includes large and small paper plates and napkins with lemon prints and the slogan, “Squeeze the Day!” Dinnerware and napkins come in packages of 8-18, depending on what you buy.
- Crofton Lemon or Olive Casserole Dish, $8.99. This is an oval ceramic dish with a two-quart capacity, measuring 10.6″ x 7.8″ x 2″. It’s oven-safe up to 450 degrees and is safe to use in the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Crofton Soap Dispenser or Sponge Holder, $3.99.
- Joie Lemon Bag Clips, Ties, or Sink Strainer, $2.69 each. Choose a 2-Pack Lemon Wedge or Slice Clips, 3-Pack Bag Ties, or Lemon Sink Strainer. Lemon bag ties can also be used to attach cables, napkins, and more. Aldi says these come with a two-year warranty.
- Aldi Collapsible Box Bag, $5.99. This tote with carrying handles features a lemon print along with logos for Aldi and Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Food and Drink:
- Emporium Selection Lemon Wensleydale Cheese Assortment, $3.99 for 5.29 oz. Choose Wensleydale with Lemon & Honey in a white wax round-shaped truckle, or Wensleydale with Limoncello in a yellow wax lemon-shaped truckle.
- Emporium Selection English Lemon Stilton Cheese, $3.49 for 5.3 oz.
- Nature’s Nectar Frozen Lemonade, $1.19 for 12 oz.
- Mixade Lemonade Mix, $5.99 for 72.5 oz.
- Nature’s Nectar Cucumber Watermelon Lemonade or Mango Lemonade, $1.89 for 64 oz.
- Nature’s Nectar Backyard Lemonades Strawberry Rhubarb, $2.29 for 64 oz.
- Nature’s Nectar Backyard Lemonades Meyer Lemon, $2.29 for 64 oz.
Sweets and snacks:
- Sundae Shoppe Alex’s Lemonade Stand Bars, $2.49 for 10 oz. Sold frozen. Choose Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, or Pink Lemonade.
- Bake Shop Mini Lemon Cake Bites, $3.89 for 12 oz.
- Benton’s Lemon or Key Lime Cookie Thins, $2.39 for 4 oz.
- Clancy’s Lemon Drizzled Kettle Corn, $1.99 for a 5 oz. bag.
- Elevation Pure & Simple Bars Lemon and Lemon Raspberry, $3.99 for 8 oz.
- Moser Roth Lemon Chocolate Truffles, $2.99 for 5.29 oz.
- Nonni’s Biscotti Limone or Salted Caramel, $2.95 for 6.72-6.88 oz.
- Simply Nature Lemonade or Blackberry Lemonade Apple Sauce Pouches, $1.49 for 12.8 oz.