Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is another burst of holiday gifts, including toys and games, tech, blankets, cozy clothing, personal care items, products for around the house, pet presents, and kitchen items and serving ware.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Medion Gaming Headset, Keyboard, or Mouse, $29.99 each. Medion is a company based out of Germany and owned by the Chinese company Lenovo, and they sell a variety of electronics. As far as we can tell, this is the first time we’ve seen Aldi sell these.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other tech gifts include:
- Tzumi Karaoke Microphone, $12.99 each. Available in Black or Rose Gold. Fits smartphones up to 6″. Features built-in retractable smartphone holder and claims to work universally with karaoke smartphone apps. A two-in-one wireless speaker and bluetooth microphone connect to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Advertised as iPhone and Andriod compatible. Features a 1,500mAh battery for up to 5 hours of entertainment.
- Retro Arcade Game, $14.99. Choose Frogger, Ms. Pac-Man, or Space Invaders. Plugs directly into your TV.
- My Arcade Handheld Game Player Assortment, $18.99. Gamer Mini or Gamer V Portable Gamer V Portable feature 220 retro games built in, powered by AAA Batteries. The 8-bit game system Gamer Mini features 160 retro games built in, a 1.8″ color display, and is powered by AAA Batteries.
Toys and games include:
- Curve Children’s Scooter, $14.99 each. Choose a 3-Wheel Scooter or 2-Wheel Light-Up Scooter. Both scooters have 75-lb. weight limits.
- Merry Moments Holiday Plush Animation, $8.99.
- Crane Tabletop Wood Games, $6.99 each. Choose Bean Bag Toss, Roll and Score, Football, 4 in a Row, Shut the Box, or Ladder Toss.
- Transformers 11″ Figure, $7.99. Choose Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock or Star Scream.
- Huntington Home Throw Buddy, $12.99 each. Includes plush pal and 50″ x 60″ blanket. We bought one of these last year. The stuffed animal is cute, and the blanket is small but warm and perfect for times when you need just a little something to take off the chill.
- Biddeford 50″ x 62″ Heated Microplush Throw, $24.99 each. Features a digital controller with 6 heat settings and auto off.
- Biddeford Queen or King Heated Blanket or Mattress Pad, $59.99. Features a digital controller with 10 heat settings and auto off.
- Huntington Home Weighted Blanket, $29.99 each. Measures 48″ x 72″. Also available: Huntington Home Children’s 8-Lb. Weighted Blanket for $24.99. Weighs 15 lbs. Measures 48″ x 72″.
Cozy clothing includes:
- Royal Class Men’s or Serra Ladies’ Sherpa Quarter Zip, $12.99 each.
- Serra Ladies’ 2-Pack Turtlenecks, $14.99.
- Serra Ladies’ Novelty Pajama Set, $12.99.
- Serra Ladies’ 2-Pack Slipper Socks, $7.99.
Personal care items include:
- Huntington Home Cool Mist Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser, $19.99 each. Available in Obsidian (Gray), Moonstone (White), or Gold Sparkle. Features eight LED colors, two mist modes, auto off, and a 100 mL capacity.
- Huntington Home Essential Oil, $4.99 each. Scents include lavender or peppermint.
- Visage Facial Cleanser, $12.99. Includes 3 facial brushes, body brush, and pumice stone. Can be used on wet or dry skin and can also be used on feet or elbows.
- Visage Shiatsu Neck Massager, $29.99.
- Easy Home Portable Cool Mist Humidifier, $12.99. No filter required. Fits most standard water bottles (not included).
Other things for around the house include:
- Huntington Home Large or 2-Pack Small Woven Totes, $6.99 each.
- Huntington Home Gold Electroplated Candle, $6.99 each.
- Huntington Home Luxury Scented Candle with Gift Box, $5.99 each. Each candle is 14 oz.
- Huntington Home Zippered Jewelry Case, $9.99.
Pet presents include:
- Heart to Tail Cat Tunnel and House, $8.99.
- Heart to Tail Cat Bed, $9.99.
- Heart to Tail Memory Foam Orthopedic Pet Bed, $29.99.
- Heart to Tail Holiday Dog Toys, $3.99 each.
- Heart to Tail Pet Boots, $6.99.
Serving ware and items for the kitchen include:
- Crofton Cake Stand or 3-Tier Buffet Server, $14.99 each.
- Crofton Ornament Glasses, $3.99 each.
- Crofton 2-Pack Moscow Mule Mugs, $9.99 each. Each mug has an 18-oz. capacity. Includes drink recipes.
- Ambiano Electric Wine Set, $19.99. Includes rechargeable electric corkscrew, preserver and 2 stoppers, aerator/pourer, and foil cutter. Read more information here.
- Ambiano Duo Coffee Maker, $69.99.
- Huntington Home 4-Pack Bar Mop Towels or Scrubber Dishcloths, $2.49.
- Crofton 8-Piece Prep Bowl Set, $3.99. Includes 4 bowls with lids.
- Crofton 40-Piece Assorted Food Storage, $6.99. Read our review of a similar set here.
And a few miscellaneous items:
- Keychain Coin Holder, $1.19 each. Read our review here.
- Ferrex 12V Cordless Rotary Tool Kit, $29.99. For grinding, polishing, cutting, trimming, drilling, cleaning, and more. Features six adjustable speed settings from 5,000 to 25,000 rpm and comes in a storage box. Comes with 75 accessories including: 6 HSS drill bits, 2 mandrels as tool holders, 3 polishing discs, 4 grinding discs, 1 metal brush, 16 cutting discs, 5 collet chucks, 2 synthetic brushes, 3 milling bits, 2 engraving bits, 5 grinding bits, 1 combination spanner, and 25 circular sanding discs.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Specially Selected Fresh USDA Choice Bone-In Ribeye Roast, $6.99 per lb. Limit one.
- Specially Selected Fresh Rack of Lamb, $9.99 per lb.
- Fresh USDA Choice Beef Sirloin Tip Roast, $3.99 per lb. Limit two.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Costa Bricco Asti D.O.C.G., see price in store. 750 mL, from Italy. The Aldi ad states: “Asti Spumante is a sweet sparkling wine made from the Moscato Bianco grape that lends its fruit forward character and delicate aroma and sweetness. While mostly drunk as an aperitif or to accompany a dessert, it can also be enjoyed with many salads or spicy Asian dishes.”
- Dancing Flame Llaima Red Blend, see price in store. 750 mL, from Chile. The Aldi ad states: ” . . . Concentrated fruit flavors of cherries and plums, a bit of spice, silky tannins, and pleasing oak integration make this an exceptional wine and a true expression of our unique terroir. Pair with grilled red meats and vegetables, roasted chicken, pasta with red sauce, and dark chocolate . . . “
- Wicked Grove Hard Cider Cinnamon, see price in store. This comes as six 12-oz. bottles, from the U.S.