Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is home/dorm items such as fans and vacuums, along with bedding, patio furniture and decor, garden lighting, kitchen necessities, and laundry and clothing storage accessories.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Easy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum, $49.99. We bought a version of this vacuum two years ago, and it gets regular use in our house. It’s maybe not the most powerful vacuum, but it gets the job done and we’ve been happy with it, and it’s still going strong. Read our full review here.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other items for the home and/or dorm include:
- Huntington Home 2′ x 6′ Berber Stripe Utility Runner, $9.99 each.
- Huntington Home 2′ x 4′ Plush or Berber Rug, $5.99 each.
- Huntington Home 5′ x 7′ Plush or Berber Area Rug, $19.99.
- Huntington Home Over-the-Door Mirror, $12.99. Measures 50.7″ x 15.2″ x 0.075″.
- Easy Home 3-Gallon Wastebasket, $3.49.
- Easy Home Tower Fan, $19.99. Features three speed settings with 40-, 80-, and 120-minute auto shutoff timer.
- Easy Home HEPA Allergen Remover, $59.99. LED air quality sensor shows good, fair, and poor air cleaning levels.
- Huntington Home Ultrasonic Diffuser, $9.99.
- Huntington Home Essential Oil Assortment, $4.99 each. These claim to be derived from 100% all-natural plant sources. Read a bit about Aldi essential oils and the diffuser here.
- Huntington Home Curtain Lights, $5.99.
- Bauhn Color-Changing LED Strip Light, $7.99. Includes a wireless remote control with dimmer, color settings, and light modes.
- SOHL Furniture Couch Table, $19.99.
- Easy Home Interlocking Organizers, $9.99 for a three-piece set. I bought a set of these last year, and they’re good for organizing small items in the bathroom closet or on a vanity or dresser.
- Visage Tri-Fold LED Vanity Mirror, $19.99.
Bedding and bedroom accessories include:
- Crofton Bamboo Bed Tray, $9.99.
- Huntington Home Wedge Pillow, $14.99.
- Huntington Home Plush Bolster Pillow, $9.99.
- Huntington Home Reversible Comforter, $16.99. Available in Twin/Twin XL or Full/Queen. Read our review here.
- Huntington Home Twin or Twin XL Sheet Set, $7.99.
- Huntington Home Full Sheet Set, $8.99.
- Huntington Home 20″ x 28″ Smartloft Bed Pillow, $5.99. This is hypoallergenic.
Patio furniture and decor include:
- Gardenline Chaise Lounge, $39.99.
- Gardenline Adirondack Chair, $12.99.
- Gardenline Resin Stacking Side Table, $6.99.
- Gardenline Folding Web Chair, $12.99.
- Adventuridge Small Cooler Bag, $9.99.
- Gardenline Mosaic Garden Stool, $19.99.
- Gardenline Wall Planter, $19.99.
- Gardenline Solar Garden Stake, $9.99. Measures 32″ H.
- Gardenline Tall Garden Statues, $12.99.
Garden lighting includes:
- Gardenline Crackle Solar Light, $2.99 each. Features changing colors.
- Gardenline 3-in-1 Portable Zapper with Lantern, $12.99 each.
- Gardenline Spiral Solar Lantern, $7.99. Choose a 9″ Lantern or 2-Pack of 5″ Lanterns.
- Gardenline Solar Spotlight with Color Lock, $19.99.
- Gardenline 6-Pack Solar Lights, $12.99.
- Gardenline Solar Pathlight, $6.99.
- Gardenline Rotating or Vintage Solar Pathlight, $9.99.
Kitchen items include:
- Crofton Cut Fruit Bowl, $7.99 each. Includes bowl, strainer and lid.
- Adventuridge 1/2-Gallon Double-Wall Stainless Steel Jug, $12.99 each.
- Cool Gear Watermelon, Pineapple, or Beer Stein Sippers, $4.99 each.
- Crofton Mandoline Slicer, $6.99 each.
- Easy Home Bamboo Palm or Dish Brush, $2.99.
- Crofton Acacia Wood Boards, $9.99 each.
- Crofton Colored Frying Pans, $12.99. Available in 8″ and 10″ Ceramic Nonstick Fry Pan Set or 12″ Ceramic Nonstick Fry Pan.
- Crofton Strawberry Huller, Cherry Pitter, or Corn Shaver, $4.99 each.
- Crofton 8-Piece Glass Storage Bowls with Multicolored Lids, $9.99.
- Easy Home 4-Tier Chrome Shelving, $39.99.
Laundry and closet accessories include:
- Easy Home Steam Iron and Garment Steamer, $16.99. Features variable steaming options for different fabrics.
- Easy Home Laundry Accessories, $3.99 each. Choose a Silicone Ironing Mat, Cap Washer, 2-Pack Wool Dryer Balls, or 8-Piece Sheet Straps.
- Easy Home Ironing Board Cover, $6.99.
- Easy Home 10-Pack Velvet Touch Hangers, $3.99.
- Easy Home Wardrobe or Shoe Organizer, $24.99.
- Easy Home Expandable Garment Rack, $7.99. Adjustable to 50″ W x 65″ H. I’ve owned one of these racks from Aldi for nearly 10 years. My older model holds a moderate amount of clothing, but it does tend to lean if I hang too much on it, so it’s not a replacement for a traditional closet.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Never Any! Fresh Ground Bison, $7.99 for 16 oz.
- Fresh Korean BBQ or Asian Sesame Salmon on a Cedar Plank, $9.99 per lb.
(Not available at all locations.)
- Coco Bay Coconut Specialty, see price in store. 750 mL, from the U.S. Aldi says: “Enjoy the refreshing taste of the tropics with aromas and flavors of coconut with a smooth finish. Enjoy over ice, mixed with your favorite soda or juice, or on its own.”
- Rosé-Vous? South of France Rosé, see price in store. 750 mL, from France. Aldi says: “This refreshingly dry Rosé wine features strawberry and red currant aromas with bright fruit on the palate. Enjoy with grilled salmon, barbecue, dishes prepared with Asian spices, fruit salads or simply on its own.”
- Wicked Grove Green Apple Hard Cider Cans, see price in store. 64 oz., from the U.S. Aldi says: “Bright and fresh, a little tart, and wicked good. Pairs with poultry, pork, soft cheeses and grilled vegetables.”