Aldi is once again donating a portion of proceeds from the sales of lemon-flavored snacks, drinks, and certain kitchen products to the childhood cancer research charity, Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
During the week of July 14th, when customers purchase items at Aldi with the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation logo printed on the label, Aldi will give a percentage of the profits directly to the organization, up to a total of one million dollars.
The print ad for Aldi this week states:
Aldi is taking a (lemonade) stand against childhood cancer. We’re raising another $1 million for Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
Aldi first partnered with Alex’s Lemonade Stand in the summer of 2020.
Products will hit Aldi shelves the week of July 14, 2021, and highlights include mini lemon cakes, frozen lemon bars, lemon chocolate truffles, lemon MoonPies, jugs of lemonade, lemonade powdered mix, dessert baking pans, a chic double beverage dispenser perfect for summer entertaining, and more. These are all Aldi Finds, which means they’ll only be in stores for a short time, so don’t delay if you want something specific.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is based in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. According to its website, the organization was founded by Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer, just before her first birthday. She hosted her first lemonade stand in her front yard to raise money for childhood cancer when she was 4 years old. She passed away in 2004 at age 8 after having raised more than $1 million.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation has a rating of four out of four stars on Charity Navigator, based on factors including financial management, transparency, and accountability.
If you can’t make it to Aldi and you can’t schedule an Instacart delivery, if you can get a hold of the weekly print ad that features Alex’s Lemonade Stand you can scan the QR code to donate. Or you can simply donate via Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation’s website.
Aldi will be selling the following limited-edition products to benefit childhood cancer research:
- Sundae Shoppe Alex’s Lemonade Stand Bars, $2.49 for 10 oz. These are frozen and available in lemonade, pink lemonade, and strawberry lemonade flavors.
- Nabisco Belvita, $2.85 for 8 oz. Assorted varieties available, including lemon poppy seed, cranberry orange, and honey chocolate chip.
- Bake Shop Mini Lemon Cake Bites, $3.89 for 12 oz.
- MoonPie Lemon Pies, $2.18 for 12 oz.
- Moser Roth Lemon Chocolate Truffles, $2.99 for 5.29 oz.
- Nature’s Nectar Watermelon Lemonade, $1.29 for 15.2 oz.
- Nature’s Nectar Lemonade, $1.79 for 64 oz.
- Mixade Lemonade Mix, $5.99 for 72.5 oz.
Kitchen / Entertaining Accessories:
- Crofton Double Beverage Dispenser, $19.99. Choose a Galvanized or Wire Stand. Includes two 1-gallon glass dispensers, 2 tin lids, 2 floral design lids, 2 silver-colored spigots, 1 piece of chalk, 2 chalkboards, and 2 pieces of twill yarn.
- Crofton Summer Dessert Pan, $7.99. Assorted varieties available. Choose a Mini Muffin Pan, Ice Cream Sandwich Pan, Mini Tart Pan, or Cookie Bowl Pan. Made with heavy-gauge carbon steel for even heat distribution and nonstick QuanTanium coating for easy release, with a gold finish.