Aldi continues to impress with its ALDI Find (Special Buy) cheese lineup. First, there was the cheese Advent calendar, and then the heart-shaped cheese for Valentine’s Day, followed by a cheese assortment inspired by songs from the 1980s. The latest installment in Aldi’s cheese saga is a line of St. Patrick’s Day cheeses, including some that are infused with Irish whisky and Irish beer.
The cheeses arrive in U.S. Aldi stores on Wednesday, February 27th, although St. Patrick’s Day is not until March 17th this year. The cheeses are $3.99 each, and flavors include:
- Happy Farms Aged Irish Cheddar. This 7-oz. imported cheese is “a rich and creamy aged cheddar with a tangy taste” and will net you 120 calories per 1-oz. serving.
- Happy Farms Irish Cheddar with Irish Whisky. This imported 7-oz. cheese consists of “an aged cheddar with a rich full flavor.”
- Happy Farms Irish Cheddar with Irish Beer. This imported 7-oz. cheese is described as “a rich and creamy aged cheddar with the tangy taste of Irish Beer.”
- Happy Farms Pesto Gouda. This 6.5-oz. cheese consists of “gouda cheese with basil and garlic.” The addition of basil gives this cheese a classic green color for St. Patrick’s Day. One serving nets you 111 calories.
- Happy Farms Sage Derby. This 7-oz. cheese is imported from England and is described as a “mild cheese with sage.” This cheese also has a nice green color thanks to the sage. One serving gets you 112 calories.
These cheeses would go well served on a cheese board, or offer them alongside a corned beef and cabbage dinner. If you want other serving suggestions, check out Taste of Home’s ideas for how to eat these various lucky cheeses.
We don’t expect this cheese to last long on Aldi’s shelves, if history is any indication. And once this cheese is gone, it’s gone. So, Happy St. Patrick’s Day, and may the luck of the Irish be with you.