Season’s Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

When the New Year arrives, many of us want to make smarter food choices, but it can be difficult to forgo treats such as sweets all together. That’s why it was nice to see a healthier snack in the freezer aisle at Aldi recently.

Bananas and chocolate are a great combination, and I’ve always liked frozen chocolate-covered bananas. During the summer months, Aldi even sells name-brand frozen chocolate-covered bananas on sticks, Popsicle-style. For a limited time during the winter, Aldi is offering frozen chocolate-covered banana bites.

Season's Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

Season’s Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites cost $1.99 at the time of publication for an 8-oz. box containing about 21 pieces (about 17 cents per piece).

These are an Aldi Find (Special Buy), which means they’re only in stores for a short time, so if you’re a fan you might want to buy extra to keep in your freezer.

The box advertises these as a “healthy snack alternative” that is naturally gluten free. They are a product of Thailand.

To eat them, do not defrost or thaw them. Simply open the box and enjoy.

Ingredients are: banana, dark chocolate (cane sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, skim milk powder, and natural vanilla), and coconut oil.

If you’re watching out for allergens, these contain soy, milk, and coconut (tree nut).

Season's Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

Nutrition information and ingredients. (Click to enlarge.)

There are about seven servings per box, with three pieces constituting one serving (but you won’t want to eat just three). One serving nets you 90 calories, 4.5 grams of total fat (20% DV), 4 grams of saturated fat (20% DV), 0 mg of sodium, 11 grams of total carbohydrates (4% DV), 1 gram of dietary fiber (4% DV), 10 grams of total sugars, 4 grams of added sugars (8% DV), and 1 gram of protein.

Season's Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

My family loved these banana bites. We had them as a snack on New Year’s Eve and they didn’t last long. The bananas were cold but not too hard to bite or chew, especially after being out of the freezer for just a couple of minutes. The dark chocolate coating was crunchy and crisp, making for a satisfying and refreshing snack.

Season's Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

They’re not too messy, but be sure to have some napkins on hand because you’ll probably get a little chocolate on your fingers.

I’ll definitely be purchasing more of these if they’re still in my local store the next time I go shopping. And at $1.99 per box, they’re a budget-friendly snack to stock up on.

The Verdict:

Season’s Choice Chocolate Covered Banana Bites are a healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re delicious and refreshing, with simple ingredients and just 4 grams of added sugars per serving. Highly recommended.

About Rachael

Rachael is the Co-founder of Aldi Reviewer. When she isn't busy shopping at Aldi, she enjoys cooking, gardening, writing gothic romance, and collecting more houseplants than she probably should. You can learn more about her at

One Comment

  1. these are the same as Trader Joes Gone Banana boxes, which are not seasonal, if anyone is looking for them. They are both a product of Thailand, with the same ingredients, and are the same price.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *