Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is more items for the dorm room or around the house, school supplies, lunch bags and lunch bag accessories, kitchen products, and some clothing and footwear.
Speaking of back-to-school supplies, you can read our thoughts on school shopping at Aldi during a pandemic here.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Bestway Inflate-A-Chair, $14.99. The Bestway brand is not exclusive to Aldi, but this is one the cheapest inflatable chairs I’ve seen. These look like they might be both useful and fun in a teen or tween bedroom or in a dorm room.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other dorm or home items include:
- SOHL Furniture Folding Tray Table, $9.99.
- Easy Home Color-Changing LED Desk Lamp, $19.99. Includes 30 energy-efficient LED lights and a USB port.
- Easy Home Personal Table, $13.99.
- Easy Home Bamboo 4-Tier Tower, $29.99.
- Huntington Home 5′ x 8′ Shag Area Rug, $39.99.
- Crane Air Lounger, $16.99.
- Easy Home Pleated Window Shade, $3.99.
- Easy Home Faux Wood Interlocking Floor Mats, $12.99.
- Huntington Home Collapsible Zip Storage Box, $4.99 each.
School supplies include:
- Medion 64GB Micro SD Card with Adapter or USB 3.0 Flash Drive, $12.99 each.
Easy Home 3-Drawer Cart, $16.99.
- 750 Home Peel-and-Stick Wall Decals, $7.99. Decal designs include numbers, letters, a dry erase wall calendar, or chalkboard.
- Pembrook Writing Utensil Value Pack, $6.99. Choose 24 Permanent Markers or 24 Dry Erase Markers.
- Bendon School Readiness Supplies, $1.89 each. Choose Geometric Builders, Space and the Solar System, the Alphabet, and much more.
- Pembrook Teacher or Student Planner, $7.99.
- Pembrook Desk Blotter & Note Pad Set, $4.99.
- The Clever Factory Tangrams, $5.99.
- Hasbro 4-oz. Play-Doh, $0.89 each.
Lunch bags and lunch accessories include:
- Crane Neoprene Lunch Bag, $6.99 each.
- Crofton 17-oz. Double-Wall Stainless Steel Bottle, $5.99 each.
- Crofton 16-oz. Stainless Steel Desk Mug, $6.99 each.
- Crofton Collapsible Portion Control Containers, $4.99 each.
- Crofton Expandable Lunch or Salad Container, $6.99.
Kitchen products include:
- Crofton Mini Bakeware, $3.99 each. Choices include baking sheets, casserole pans, and muffin tins.
- Easy Home Pantry Basket, $2.99 each. Read our review here.
- Crofton Reinforced Silicone Pans, $6.99 each. Choices include muffin pans, casserole pans, and doughnut pans.
- Crofton Iridescent Pans, $9.99 each. Choose a 2-Qt. Saucepan or 9.5″ Fry Pan.
- Crofton Titanium Knife Set, $7.99.
- Crofton 10-Piece Flatware Set, $9.99.
- Crofton Reusable Straw Assortment, $3.99. Includes 6 straws and cleaning brush.
- Crofton Food Cover, $5.99.
- Crofton Mini Salad Spinner, $4.99. Read our review of Aldi’s full-sized salad spinner here.
- Crofton Food Chopper, $9.99.
- Crofton Deluxe Spiral Cutter, $12.99.
- Crofton 2-Pack Berry or Produce Keeper, $7.99.
- Huntington Home 20″ x 34″ KitchenAccent Rug, $5.99.
- Huntington Home Towels, Dishcloths, or Pot Holder/Oven Mitt, $3.99 each.
Clothing and footwear include:
- Serra Ladies’ 2-Pack Capri Leggings, $8.99.
- Serra Ladies’ Memory Foam Canvas Slip-Ons, $5.99 each. I bought a pair of these a couple of years ago, and they are cute and comfortable, and I’ve even gotten compliments on my “TOMS.” They also have held up pretty well.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Never Any! Fresh Ground Lamb, $5.99 per lb.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Belmonti Strawberry Bellini, see price in store. 750 mL, from Germany. Aldi says: “This colorful and fruity sparkling cocktail will brighten your brunch or any gathering with its fresh and bright strawberry flavor.”