Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is kids’ fun room accessories and bedding, school supplies (including a lot of items for the lunch bag), educational toys, clothing and accessories, kitchen items, and international food with Greek/Mediterranean inspiration.
On the subject of school supplies, you can also read our thoughts on the back-to-school shopping at Aldi during a pandemic here.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- SOHL Furniture Kids’ Indoor Tent, $39.99. Great for a child’s bedroom or play room. You can read more information about last year’s model here.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other kid room accessories include:
- SOHL Furniture Saucer Chair, $29.99.
- SOHL Furniture Club Chair, $39.99.
- Huntington Home LED Novelty Lamp, $6.99 each. Available in pineapple or cactus shapes.
- Huntington Home 4′ x 6′ Rug, $19.99 each.
- Huntington Home Metallic Light-Blocking Window Panel, $7.99.
- Huntington Home Character Backrest, $14.99.
- Huntington Home Kids’ Canvas Tote, $6.99 each.
- Huntington Home Bed Canopy, $14.99.
Kids’ bedding includes:
- Huntington Home Cooling Weighted Blanket, $24.99.
- Huntington Home Reversible Comforter, $14.99. Available in Twin/Twin XL or Full/Queen. Read our thoughts on some of Aldi’s comforters here.
- Huntington Home Twin, Twin XL or Full Sheet Set, $9.99 each.
- Huntington Home Hooded Plush Throw, $8.99 each.
School supplies include:
- Adventuridge Premium Kids’ Backpack, $19.99 each.
- Bee Happy Kids’ Backpack Keychain Plush, $0.99 each.
- Adventuridge Insulated Lunch Bag, $9.99 each.
- Zak! 3-Section Bento Box, $5.99 each. Designs include Frozen 2 and Minecraft.
- Crofton 14-oz. Hydration Bottle Set, $9.99 each. Choose a 2-Pack Stars and Unicorns or Camo and Dino. Read our review of last year’s bottles here.
- Crofton 13.5-oz. Vacuum-Insulated Food Container, $4.99 each. Includes Stainless Steel folding spoon. This claims to keep food hot up to 4 hours or cold up to 4 hours.
- Crane Reusable Snack or Sandwich Bags, $4.99 each. Choose 3-Pack Snack Bags or 2-Pack Sandwich Bags.
- Crofton Snack Container Assortment, $2.99. Choose one 13.5-oz. Container or two 6.8-oz. Containers.
Educational toys include:
- Bee Happy Foam Blocks, $12.99. Includes carry bag with zipper.
- Hinkler My Big Book of Stickers, $3.99 each. Themes include space or a world atlas.
- Little Journey Foldable Playmat, $14.99 each. Measures 76″ x 70″. Made of reversible foam. Designs include the alphabet or ocean.
- Smithsonian Education Rug, $18.99 each. Measures 46″ x 52″. Designs include the solar system or a United States map.
- The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle, $4.99 each. Designs include colors and shapes, numbers, or a U.S. map.
Clothing and accessories include:
- Serra Ladies’ 2-Pack Reversible Tank Tops, $8.99.
- Serra Ladies’ Casual Pants, $7.99 each.
- Lily & Dan Girls’ or Boys’ 10-Pair Socks, $6.79 each.
- Girls’ Accessories, $4.99 each. Choose from a Jewelry Set, Hair Bows, or Dress-Up Set. Choices include a JoJo Siwa hair bow and scrunchie.
Kitchen items include:
- Ambiano Portable Countertop Ice Maker, $89.99.
- Ambiano 4-Slice Toaster, $24.99.
- Crofton Mini Fry Pan, $4.99.
- Crofton One-Cup Microwave Bakeware, $3.99. Bakes personal-size Bundt cakes (8-oz. capacity) in under 2 minutes. Available in a 2 pack.
- Crofton Microwave Assortment, $4.99 each. Choose an Omelet Maker, Steamer, 4-Pack Bowls, or 4-Pack Plates.
And a miscellaneous item:
- Easy Home Collapsible Laundry Basket, $9.99 each.
International/Greek food includes:
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Gyro or Cuban Style Pizza, $3.99 for 15.7-16.2 oz. Sold frozen.
- Journey To Greece Spanakopita, $3.95 for 12 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Journey To Greece Rosemary and Feta Krinkle Cut Kettle Chips, $1.89 for 8 oz.
- Journey To Mediterranean Dressing, $1.99 for 12 oz. Flavors include Black Garlic and Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette or Greek Feta.
- Emporium Selection Imported Greek Feta or Halloumi, $3.49 for 7 oz.
- Park Street Deli Hummus, $1.95 for 8 oz. Flavors include Mediterranean Style or Lemon Dill.
- Park Street Deli Olive Pouch Giant Green or Sweet Sicilian Olives, $2.99 for 4.9 oz.
- Chobani Flip Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt, $0.99 for 5.3 oz.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Fresh Atlantic Salmon with Greek Herbs, $8.99 per lb.
- Morton’s of Omaha Fresh USDA Choice Salt & Pepper or Texas BBQ Beef Brisket, $4.99 per lb.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Pomegranate Mimosa, see price in store. 750 mL, from the U.S. Aldi’s ad states: “Fresh-squeezed pomegranate juice with premium, dry white wine. Pairs with fresh fruit and frozen custard desserts, and baby spinach or spring mix salad.”
- Corte Bella Black, see price in store. 750 mL, from Italy. Aldi’s ad states: “Delicious blackberry, cherry and cranberry lead into a smooth, silky finish. Enjoy as an aperitif, with grilled meat, cheese, desserts or simply on its own.”