Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is all things Christmas gift wrap and greeting cards, along with holiday decor, toys, clothing and footwear, kitchen and baking items, and holiday foods.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Bee Happy Jumbo Plush, $29.99. Just in time for Christmas, these giant stuffed animals look like a lot of fun. You can choose a unicorn, bear, narwhal, dinosaur, llama, or bulldog.
ALDI Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Gift wrap and cards include:
- Merry Moments Heavyweight or Heavyweight Premium Gift Wrap, $1.99. Choose Heavyweight Gift Wrap (80 sq. ft.) or Heavyweight Premium Gift Wrap (40 sq. ft.).
- Merry Moments 1.5″ or 2.5″ Wire Fabric Premium Ribbon, $4.99 each. Choose 75′ or 50′.
- Merry Moments 10-Pack Holiday Gift Bag Set, $4.99.
- Merry Moments Holiday Bows, $1.99 per pack.
- Merry Moments Holiday Tissue Paper, $1.99.
- Merry Moments 10-Pack Holiday Gift Boxes, $2.99.
- Merry Moments 50 Peel and Stick Gift Tags, $0.99.
- 3M Gift Tape, $2.69.
- Merry Moments 10-Pack Pop-Up Christmas Cards, $6.99.
Holiday decorations include:
- Merry Moments Holiday Throw, $4.99.
- Merry Moments Holiday Decorative Pillow, $6.99 each.
- Merry Moments Holiday Wood Curl Wreath, $19.99.
- Merry Moments 20″ x 30″ Holiday Accent Rug, $6.99.
- Merry Moments Battery-Operated LED Lights, $3.49.
- Merry Moments Holiday Tinsel Figurine, $4.99.
- Merry Moments Snowman, Tree or Santa Figurine, $12.99. Includes 3 AAA batteries.
- Merry Moments Christmas Tree Stand Mat, $7.99. Tree not included.
- L.O.L. Surprise! Tots Ball, $7.99.
- Crane Foosball Table or 3-in-1 Game System, $39.99 each.
- Bee Happy 12″ Squishmallows, $7.99 each.
- Fisher-Price Linkimals, $23.99 each.
- Kids’ Licensed Walkie Talkies or Headphones, $14.99. Includes characters such as Paw Patrol.
- Bendon Touch and Feel Storybooks, $4.99 each.
- Bee Happy Plastic Animal Set, $6.99.
- Bee Happy Truck Transporter with Cars, $18.99. Includes 14 die-cast cars.
- Hasbro FurReal Pets, $16.99.
- Zuru Robo Alive, $9.99.
- Fisher-Price Animal Piano, $19.99.
Clothing and footwear include:
- Merry Moments Ladies’ or Men’s Holiday Sweater, $14.99.
- Serra Ladies’ Novelty Pajama Sets, $12.99.
- Merry Moments Men’s or Ladies’ 2-Pair Holiday Socks, $1.99.
- Merry Moments Children’s 3-Pack Holiday Socks, $2.49.
- Lily & Dan Children’s Touchscreen Gloves, $5.99 per pair.
- Lily & Dan Boys’ Shoes, $12.99.
- Lily & Dan Girls’ Ballet Flats, $6.99.
- Lily & Dan Children’s Holiday Sets, $9.99.
- 12 Days of Socks, $12.99. Features Frozen 2 characters.
Kitchen and baking items include:
- Merry Moments Ugly Sweater Wine Bottle Cover, $2.99.
- Ambiano 4.6-Quart Stand Mixer, $29.99. Read our review of a similar mixer here.
- Crofton Holiday Silicone Bakeware, $3.99.
- Merry Moments Holiday Baking Accessories, $1.29 each. Includes cupcake liners and mini cupcake liners.
- Crofton 10-Piece Nested Measuring Cup & Spoon Set, $4.99.
- Crofton Mega Bakeware, $8.99 each. Choose a 21″ x 15.25″ Cookie Sheet, 48-Cup Mini Muffin Pan, or 12″ x 18″ Sheet Cake Pan.
- Crofton 14-Piece Junior Baking Set, $9.99. Real baking utensils designed for little hands.
- Crofton Wood Baking Utensils, $2.49 each.
- Crofton 6-Piece Holiday Glass Storage Bowls, $9.99. Includes 2-cup, 4-cup, and 7-cup glass bowls with lids.
- Crofton Baking Containers, $9.99 each.
Holiday foods include:
- Benton’s Gingerbread House or Train Kit, $7.49 for 28.5-30.88 oz. Read our review of Aldi’s gingerbread house here.
- Clancy’s White and Dark Drizzled Caramel Corn, $2.99 for 16 oz.
- Clancy’s Pretzels or Popcorn Gift Box, $3.49 for 8.5-10 oz.
- Clancy’s Dipped Peppermint Pretzel Stars, $1.99 for 7 oz.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Barone Montalto Passivento Rosso, see price in store. 3 L, from Italy. Aldi states: “A full bodied red blend with jammy notes of caramel, vanilla, red fruits, and figs. Soft tannins with a long finish. Perfect companion to many meat dishes, pasta and for any festive occasion.”
- Bergeron Estates Ice Wine, see price in store. 375 mL, from Canada. Aldi says: “Harvested during the cold winters of Ontario, Canada, this rich dessert wine is pressed and squeezed while the grapes are still frozen solid. The end result, a rich velvety icewine with bright notes of peach, lemon and toffee. Drink now and enjoy bright fruit notes with nice acidity or let age and enjoy a smoother taste with more subtle tones of flavors. Pairs with flavorful desserts.”
- Exquisite Collection Pinot Grigio, see price in store. 750 mL, from Italy. Aldi says: “Straw yellow with notes of apples, pear and lemon. Pairs exceptionally well with light, fresh appetizers, grilled chicken and roasted fish.”
- Giotti Prosecco Extra Dry, see price in store. 3 L, from Italy. Aldi says: “Fresh and pleasant on the palate with notes of apple and peach and a lively bubble. Perfect for holiday toasts or alongside ripe cheese, lemon based desserts and seafood dishes.”
- In the Pink Pink Moscato, see price in store. 1.5 L, from South Africa. Aldi says: “Aromas and flavors of strawberry, tropical fruit and melon lead to a sweet, refreshing finish. Enjoy as an aperitif, with fruit salads, desserts or on its own with friends.”
- Ponte Villoni Zinfandel Mini Wine Cellar, see price in store. 750 mL, from France. Aldi says: “Aromas of red berries and a hint of herbs lead into a fruity palate with soft tannis and a harmonious finish. Pair with red meat, eggplant, pasta with red sauce, grilled vegetables, and mature cheeses. This Zinfandel comes in a wooden box that converts into a mini wine cellar.”