Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is items for kids including clothing, accessories, and toys; gardening gear; kitchen products; things for around the house; clothing and footwear; and stuff for the workshop or garage.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Auto XS Portable Travel and Game Table, $12.99. To the best of our knowledge, we haven’t seen Aldi sell something like this before. It’s a soft padded lap desk with a flat surface for writing, drawing, or playing on. The top surface also has a spot for a tablet or other device. this “table” features multiple pockets for storing art supplies, toys, or tech, and it includes pockets that hang down the sides. It measures 15.75″ x 12.99″ x 5.9″ and comes in Black, Purple, Royal Blue, or Light Gray. You can read more information here.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other products for kids include:
- SOHL Furniture Kids’ Saucer Chair, $19.99. Measures 20.8″ x 23.6″ x 22″. It features a steel frame, folds for compact storage, and comes in several designs: Glow-in-the-Dark Stars, Mermaid, Unicorn, or Rocket Ships.
- Green Toys Eco-Friendly Toddler Truck, $6.99. Made from 100% recycled plastic. Choose a Blue Dumper, Yellow Dumper, Orange Scooper, or Yellow Scooper.
- Spin Master 3-Pack Tin Puzzles, $3.99. Choose Disney Girls, Disney Boys, Nickelodeon, or Marvel themes. Each pack comes with 3 themed tin puzzles.
- Lily & Dan Children’s Spring Jacket, $9.99 each. Designs include Dino, Shark, Butterfly, or Fruit. These are OEKO-TEX certified and come in sizes 3T, XS, S, M. They are water and wind resistant with a 100% Polyester shell, full-zip closure, hood, and 2 front pockets. I bought a jacket for one of my kids a few years ago, and it was a go-to accessory for mild spring or fall days and held up well. I only got rid of it after it was outgrown, and it was still in great shape.
- Lily & Dan Girls’ or Boys’ Rain Boots, $9.99. Available in sizes 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/1, or 2/3. 100% rubber and waterproof with a rugged outsole, pull-on handles, and soft lining. Shaft height: approx. 6″. Designs include Tropical Sloth, Flamingo, Fruit, Dino, Zoo, or Shark. Again, I’ve bought Aldi rain boots for my kids, and you can’t go wrong with them. They’ve never worn out on us.
- Children’s Light-Up Rain Boots, $12.99. Available in sizes 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, or 13/1. These are waterproof, 100% rubber with a soft lining, with pull-on handles and a padded, removable insole. Choose Paw Patrol, Frozen 2, Toy Story 4, or Minnie Mouse.
- Children’s Character Umbrella, $5.99. Features safety tips and cap, plastic handle, and strap with hook and loop closure. Made with 100% Polyester with a canopy diameter of 26″.
Designs include Baby Shark, Frozen 2, Super Mario, Minions, Minnie Mouse, Paw Patrol, Pawsible, Toy Story 4, and Trollz.
Gardening gear includes:
- Gardenline Tumbling Composter, $39.99. This has a 15.9-gallon capacity, is UV-protected, has a sliding door and tumbling chamber, and comes with a two-year warranty. I bought one of these a few years ago, and it’s all right, but it has a small capacity and things don’t break down in it very fast. In my experience, larger compost bins (especially ones that sit on the ground and allow access for worms and other beneficial bugs) work more efficiently. I could see this Aldi bin being an option if you have an apartment patio or other limited space, though. You can read our full review here.
- Gardenline Garden Soil, $2.99 for 1 cubic foot. This is organic, contains organic fertilizer, claims to feed plants for up to 4 months, and is for use with flowers, vegetables, trees, and shrubs. I’ve used Aldi garden soil before and it works about as well as any other bags of soil I’ve gotten from garden centers.
- Gardenline Vegetable or Herb Seed Packets, $0.59 each. Choices include Carrot, Chives, Cilantro, Pepper, Lemon Balm, Lettuce, Peppers Variety, Pumpkin, Sweet Basil, Tomato, or Squash. I’ve had success with all Aldi seed packets I’ve purchased over the years, most notably bell peppers and lemon balm. The lemon balm is especially easy to grow, but beware it spreads (I grow mine in a pot to keep it contained).
- Gardenline Touchscreen Gardening Gloves, $5.99. These have a touchscreen compatible index finger, middle finger, and thumb with a Spandex back and a padded leather palm. Available in sizes M–XL in Blue, Green, or Pink Floral.
Kitchen products include:
- Crofton Ceramic Nonstick Pans, $14.99 each. Choose a 10.25″ Saute Pan or an 8″ and 10″ Fry Pan Set. These come with a two-year warranty and are PFOA and PTFE free with a soft-grip handle, lead and cadmium free, made with Fusion Ti nonstick ceramic coating, oven safe up to 325 °F, and they are compatible with gas, glass ceramic, and electric stovetops. A tempered glass lid is included with Saute Pan. Available in Red/Gray or Turquoise/Cream.
- Joie Reusable Produce Bag Set, $4.99 for a set of five. Available in White/Turquoise or White/Red. Great for fruit, vegetable, nuts, and more and replaces disposable single-use plastic bags.
- Easy Home Square Scrubber, $3.29 each.
- Easy Home Stainless Steel Scouring Pads, $2.99 for a 6 count.
Things for around the house include:
- Aloe Vera Plant, $3.99. You can read our Ode to Aldi House Plants here.
- Huntington Home Natural Geometrics Candle or Reed Diffuser Collection, $4.99 each. Scents include Juicy Berry, Melon Spritzer, Sea Spray, or Morning Dew. Candles are 14.8 ounces, include a silver lid, and are made with a soy blend. Reed diffuser set is 3.5 oz. and includes 8 rattan reeds.
Clothing and footwear include:
- Crane Adult Packable Rain Jacket, $14.99 each. Available in Black, Navy, or Teal/Green in sizes M–XL. This is OEKO-TEX certified and is water resistant with sun protection up to a UPF 50+ rating, and includes a zip pocket, adjustable hood, and integrated zipped carry bag.
- Serra Ladies’ Memory Foam Canvas Sneakers, $7.99 each. Sizes 7–10, featuring a 6mm Memory Foam insole and flexible rubber outsole. Choose a slip-on style with elastic gores in Camo Print or classic lace-up style in Navy/White stripe or Beige with frayed detail.
Stuff for the workshop or garage includes:
- WORKZONE Rubber Reusable Twist Ties, $4.99. Reusable rubber twist ties have an integrated stretch loop with wire inside to hold the shape. The 8-Pack includes: two 6″ (Green), two 9.72″ (White), two 13″ (Red) and two 18.75″ (Blue). The 4-Pack includes: two 24.8″ (Gray) and two 32.9″ (Black).
- WORKZONE Foldable Sawhorse 2-Pack, $24.99. Features foldable safety bar. Weight capacity: 750 lb. (per pair).
- WORKZONE Rechargeable LED Work Light, $19.99. Features three brightness levels and includes USB charging cable and socket adapter. Brightness levels: 2000, 1000 and 500 Lumen. Includes USB Power Bank function, 180° swivel function, rubber trim for shock and impact resistance, suspension hook, and charging level indicator. Operating time (when battery is fully charged) is approximately 2 hours at 100%, approximately 4 hours at 50%, or approximately 8 hours at 5%. You can read more information here.
- WORKZONE 5-Tier Black Shelves, $49.99. Features adjustable shelf heights and measures 36″ x 18″ x 72″. Each shelf can support up to 260 lb.; total weight capacity: 1,300 lb.
No tools required for assembly.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Never Any! Fresh Ground Lamb, $5.99 per lb.
- Simply Nature Fresh Family Pack Organic Grass-Fed 85/15 Ground Beef, $4.49 per lb. Sold in a 4-lb. pkg. for $17.96.