Two years ago today, we started a blog dedicated to Aldi product reviews, news, and features, in large part because we realized we couldn’t find reviews of Aldi products ourselves. So we decided to try.
Two years and over one million pageviews later, Aldi Reviewer (or, AR, as we’ve come to call it) has far outperformed what we thought this blog could accomplish … and we’re still not sure where the ceiling is. Between the many visitors, comments, social media messages, and emails, we know there’s plenty of interest in learning about — and talking with others about — Aldi’s various Regular and Special Buys (ALDI Finds).
In year one, we wrote about a variety of products, added new features, and wrote an eBook. In year two, we’ve added a discussion group, continued to pilot even more new features, and even made a video or two.
We’re as excited as ever about what’s next, and we hope you are, too.
Here is a recap of some of the second-year highlights:
- Total posts: 397
- Most viewed Regular Buy post over the last year: Indian Food, Aldi Style, Part 1: The Regular Buys
- Most viewed Special Buy post over the last year: Camping With Aldi, Part 1: Tents and Bedding
- Most viewed feature post over the last year: Aldi vs. Trader Joe’s: How Are They Related?
- Most viewed news post over the last year: Is Aldi Or Trader Joe’s Affected By the Romaine Lettuce Scare?
- Most commented post: Sempre Digital Weather Station
- Post we were most excited about: The Easy Home Robotic Vacuum
- Product we were so excited about we wrote about it twice: Crane Ladies Performance Shorts: Rachael’s Take and Crane Ladies Performance Shorts: Elizabeth’s Take
- Our favorite post that almost no one read: Aldi Warranties: SOHL Furniture Writing Desk
- The post that brought our entire staff into the same dining room: Aldi vs. Trader Joe’s Chinese Takeout Showdown
- The biggest thing we still need to review: A specific Aldi grill or smoker (beyond just our general look)
- The biggest surprise we have in store for next year: Stay tuned!