Aldi has been remodeling existing stores and opening new stores at a fast pace in recent years, and the company announced today that it is upping its game even more by increasing its selection of fresh food products. Customers will find more fresh, organic, and easy-to-prepare foods. Twenty percent of products in stores will be new compared to last year, with an increase in fresh food selection by 40%.
“The continued success of our store expansion and remodel initiatives has given us the opportunity to carefully select and introduce new products that satisfy our customers’ increasing preferences for fresh items, including organic meats, salad bowls, sliced fruits and gourmet cheeses,” said Jason Hart, CEO of ALDI U.S. “We know people lead busy lives, so we’re making it even easier for them to purchase everything on their shopping list at ALDI, while still saving money.”
New products will be rolled out through early 2019, with items including:
- Ready-to-cook and organic fresh meats, including organic chicken breasts and marinated cilantro lime chicken breasts
- An expanded produce section that will include veggie noodles and ready-to-eat sliced fruits such as mango, pineapple, and watermelon spears as well as more organic items
- More Earth Grown vegan and vegetarian products, including kale and quinoa crunch burgers and chickenless patties and tenders
- Expanded selection in the refrigerated section, including grab-and-go convenience items such as single-serve guacamole and organic hummus as well as fresh fruit and veggie snack packs
- Fresh organic salsa, antipasti salad, gourmet olives, and calzones
- A larger selection of refrigerated beverages, including strawberry kefir and kombucha
- Easy-to-prepare meal starters such as quinoa bowls, premium pasta sauces, and vegetarian meatless hot dogs and sausages
- Additional baked goods, including white and whole wheat pita breads, sourdough loaves, and gluten-free bagels
- A large range of private-label milk alternatives such as organic almond milk, coconut milk, and lactose-free and soy milk
Leave us a comment letting us know what new items you are most looking forward to, and be on the watch for reviews of these new products in the coming months.