If you’re like us, chances are you’ve realized you’ve needed something and wondered, “Is Aldi open?” This gets especially important around the holidays.
This post deals with:
- Aldi’s regular hours
- Aldi’s holiday hours
Aldi’s Regular Hours
Aldi store hours vary by store, but you can find individual store hours over at Aldi’s store locator. In looking over our area and other areas, we’ve noticed a few things about normal day schedules:
- Most Aldi stores open at 9 a.m. (Even on many holidays.)
- Unless it’s a holiday, most Aldi stores close between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Some stores close at 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. These stores seem more likely to be either smaller stores and / or located closer to the downtown areas of major cities. They also tend to have the same closing time all seven days of the week.
- Some stores close at 9 p.m. These stores seem more likely to be larger and / or more suburban. They also often have slightly different hours on weekends, closing at 8 p.m. on Saturday and/or Sunday. (Sunday is the most common.)
In our area, for example, the most common hours we’ve seen are:
- Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
However, there are also a handful of stores in our area, most of them closer to downtown, that run:
- Monday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
So when’s Aldi most likely to be open? If it’s not a holiday and it’s between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., the store is most likely open. And if it’s a larger store and / or a suburban one, there’s a good chance it’s open until 9 p.m. on a weeknight (and possibly Saturday, too) and at least 8 p.m. on Sunday.
Aldi’s Holiday Hours
Aldi isn’t closed often, even on what some people would consider to be a major federal holiday. Here are some of the major U.S. holidays along with the Aldi schedule that day. Note that on most days with limited operating hours, stores open at 9 a.m., but closing times can vary. (To find when your store closes, you’ll want to check Aldi’s store locator.)
- New Year’s Day: Closed.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Open with normal operating hours.
- President’s Day: Open with normal operating hours.
- Good Friday: Open with normal operating hours.
- Easter Sunday: Closed.
- Memorial Day: Open with limited operating hours.*
- Independence Day (Fourth of July): Open with limited operating hours.
- Labor Day: Open with limited operating hours. (Varies by store.)
- Veteran’s Day: Open with normal operating hours.
- Thanksgiving: Closed.
- The Day After Thanksgiving (Black Friday): Open with normal operating hours.
- Christmas Eve: Open with limited operating hours. (Typically 9 a.m to 4 p.m.)
- Christmas Day: Closed.
- New Year’s Eve: Open with limited operating hours. (Typically 9 a.m to 7 p.m.)
* For a long time, most Aldi stores were closed on Memorial Day, with a “limited number” of stores being open. That changed at some point in 2017 or 2018. Now all Aldi stores are open Memorial Day, with “limited hours.”