Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is holiday serving ware and accessories, assorted gifts, bedding, and food perfect for your Christmas or New Year’s party.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Easy Home Portable Cool Mist Humidifier, $12.99. Aldi sells a variety of humidifiers each year, but this one always catches our eye because instead of having its own water reservoir, it uses a plastic water bottle. Because of that feature, it is smaller and travels more easily than a traditional humidifier. We’re not fans of plastic water bottles because of the waste they produce, but at least this might be a way to reuse some of those bottles.
ALDI Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Serving ware and accessories include:
- Crofton 3-Tier Buffet Server, $14.99 each.
- Crofton Wine Decanter, $9.99 each.
- Ambiano Electric Wine Set, $24.99.
- Crofton 4-Piece Cheese Knife Set, $7.99.
- Boulder Celebration Tableware Assortment, $0.89 each. Choices include disposable plates and napkins.
- Crofton 4-Pack Wine or Champagne Glasses, $9.99.
Holiday gifts include:
- Pembrook Personal Weekly/Monthly Planner, $7.99 each.
- Pembrook 25-Count All-Occasion Greeting Cards with Card Organizer, $9.99.
- Pembrook Premium 16-Month Wall Calendar, $3.99.
- Huntington Home Cool Mist Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser, $19.99 each.
- Huntington Home Essential Oil, $4.99 each. Read more about Aldi’s essential oils here.
- Huntington Home 3-Pack Mini Candle Tins, $4.99.
- Huntington Home Salt Crystal Lamp, $9.99.
- Bauhn Wireless Charging Pad, Stand or Alarm Clock, $24.99.
- Huntington Home Fleece Sheet Set, $24.99. Available in king or queen sizes.
- Huntington Home 60″ x 70″ Feather Soft Throw, $12.99 each.
- Biddeford Queen or King Heated Microplush Blanket, $59.99. Features a digital controller with 10 heat settings and auto off.
- Biddeford Queen or King Heated Mattress Pad, $59.99. Features a digital controller with 10 heat settings and auto off.
- Huntington Home Down Alternative Comforter, $19.99. Available in full/queen or king sizes.
Party foods or snacks include:
- Journey T0 Greece Spanakopita, $3.89 for 12 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Appetitos Puff Pastry Bites, $5.95 for 15.2 oz. Sold frozen.
- Mama Cozzi Garlic Knots, $1.99 for 7.3 oz. Sold frozen.
- Appleton Farms Salami Collection, $5.99 for 12 oz. Flavors include Classico, Herbs and Spices, and Black Pepper.
- Southern Grove Extra Large Roasted & Salted Pistachios, $9.99 for 17 oz.
- Southern Grove Extra Large Peanuts with Sea Salt, $6.89 for 40 oz.
- Southern Grove Dried Turkish Figs, $2.49 for 8 oz.
- Clancy’s Big Dippers or Chili Cheese Corn Chips, $1.29 for 9.25 oz. In Big Dipper and chili cheese varieties.
- Stonemill Warm Dip Mix, $1.69 for 1.06 oz. In Spicy Chipotle Cheddar and Creamy Spinach Parmesan.
- Snyder’s of Hanover Wholey Cheese Smoked Gouda or Swiss & Black Pepper, $1.99 for 5 oz.
- Clancy’s Original or Garlic Parmesan Italian Toast, $1.99 for 4.75 oz.
- Oberweis Egg Nog, $3.99 for 32 oz.
- Beaumont Cocoa Hot Cocoa Cup Sampler Pack, $7.99 for 12.7 oz. Flavors include mocha, Irish creme, salted caramel, and peppermint.
- Bake House Creations Oatmeal Raisin or Coconut Pecan Cookie Dough, $2.49 for 16 oz.
- Park Street Deli Sugar Cookie or Chocolate Mint Dessert Hummus, $3.49 for 8 oz.
- Our Speciality Double Layer Chocolate Cake, $7.99 for 33 oz.
- Specially Selected Sparkling Citrus Flutes, $3.99 for 13.52 oz. Sold frozen.
- Specially Selected Sparkling Wine or Red Wine Cheese, $4.99 for 7 oz.
- Specially Selected Flatbread Crackers, $2.49 for 5 oz.
- Specially Selected Assorted Bruschetta, $2.99 for 14.5 oz.
- Specially Selected Iberico Ham, $6.49 for 2 oz.
- Specially Selected Cold Smoked Salmon, $10.99 for 10.6 oz.
- Specially Selected Acacia Honey with Honeycomb, $6.29 for 16 oz.
- Specially Selected Pimento Stuffed Olives, $2.95 for 10 oz.
- Specially Selected Mac & Cheese Bites or Mushroom Arancini, $2.99 for 6.5 oz. Sold frozen.
- Specially Selected Herb or Garlic Cheese Stuffed Cherry Peppers, $2.99 for 9.87 oz.
- Specially Selected Tapenade Olive or Roasted Red Pepper & Artichoke, $2.49 for 6 oz.
- Tall Salt Grinders, $3.49 for 2.65-5.64 oz.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Specially Selected Fresh Rack of Lamb, $9.99 per lb.
- Honeysuckle White Fresh Bone-In Turkey Breast, $1.79 per lb.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Baron de Escal Rioja Reserva, see price in store. 750 mL, from Spain. Aldi says: “Notes of baking spices and strawberry on the nose. Intense palate of ripe cherry, aged tobacco and silky vanilla. Pairs well with grilled steak, cured meats, prime rib roast and aged cheeses.”
- Connellys Cappuccino Irish Country Cream, see price in store. 750 mL, from Ireland. Aldi says: “Rich and indulgent, enjoy Connellys Country Cream straight, on the rocks, in coffee or with your favorite dessert.”
- Costa Bricco Asti D.O.C.G., see price in store. 750 mL, from Italy. Aldi says, “Asti Spumante is a sweet sparkling wine made from the Moscato Bianco grape that lends its fruit-forward character and delicate aroma and sweetness. While mostly drunk as an aperitif or to accompany a dessert, it can also be enjoyed with many salads or spicy Asian dishes.”
- Oroperla Rose Extra Dry, see price in store. 750 mL, from Italy. Aldi says, “Refreshing bubbles and fresh fruity notes with hints of red currant and wild strawberries bring this extra dry rosé to life. It pairs excellently with BBQ beef, smoked chicken, prosciutto, light salads and seafood.”