One year ago today, we piloted a blog dedicated to Aldi product reviews, news, and features, in large part because we — as shoppers — were looking for those resources, and we couldn’t find them. So, we thought, why not try our hand at the job ourselves?
At the time, it was enough of an experiment that we weren’t sure how far it would go, or how long it would last. But by January, we knew Aldi Reviewer was on to something. Each day the number of visitors grows (if there’s a ceiling we haven’t seen it yet), and the comments, social media messages, and e-mails have convinced us that there are a lot of Aldi enthusiasts out there looking for a place to find out more about Aldi products and to talk about them.
As the year has gone on, we’ve written about a variety of products, added new features, and we even brought an eBook into the mix in late May. At one year old, we’re excited about what lies ahead for Aldi Reviewer, and we hope you are, too.
Here is a recap of some of the first year highlights:
- Total posts: 160
- First product review: Breakfast Best Maple Flavored Sausage Patties
- Most viewed Regular Buy post: Indian Food, Aldi Style, Part 1: The Regular Buys
- Most viewed Special Buy post: Camping With Aldi, Part 1: Tents and Bedding
- Most viewed single item post for the first year: Sempre Digital Weather Station
- Most viewed compilation post for the first year: Indian Food, Aldi Style, Part 1: The Regular Buys
- Most commented post: Sempre Digital Weather Station
- Post we were most excited about: An Unofficial Guide to Shopping at Aldi Is Now Available
- Our favorite post that almost no one read: Star Wars Girl’s Licensed Graphic Tee
- That time a commenter probably knew what he was talking about more than we did: Bauhn In-Ear Headphones
- Number of times a post got so out of control we had to split it: 2 (camping and Indian food)
- The biggest thing we still need to review: The Easy Home Robot Vacuum!
- The biggest surprise we have in store for next year: If we said that, it wouldn’t be a surprise, now would it?