Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs

We’re big fans of chocolate and peanut butter in our house. Especially chocolate and peanut butter cups. We also like the chocolate and peanut butter combination in cereal form as well. If you need a chocolate and peanut butter fix in any form, whether it’s candy or cereal, Aldi has you covered.

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs cost $2.59 at the time of publication.

These are a Regular Buy, which means Aldi sells them all year.

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs ingredients. (Click to enlarge.)

Ingredients are: whole grain corn flour, sugar, peanut butter, dextrose, degermed yellow corn meal, high oleic canola oil, salt, corn syrup, cocoa powder, caramel color, trisodium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, maltodextrin, natural flavor, and mixed tocopherols (added to preserve freshness).

If you’re watching out for allergens, this contains peanuts.

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs nutrition information. (Click to enlarge.)

One box contains about nine servings, and one 1-cup serving (40 grams) (without milk) has 170 calories, 4.5 grams of total fat (5% DV), 1 gram of saturated fat (4% DV), less than 5 mg of cholesterol (1% DV), 220 mg of sodium (10% DV), 30 grams of total carbohydrates (11% DV), 2 grams of dietary fiber (7% DV), 13 grams of total sugars, 12 grams of added sugars (25% DV), and 3 grams of protein.

Nutritionally and ingredients-wise, the Aldi Millville cereal is nearly identical to name-brand General Mills Reese’s Puffs cereal, with the same amounts of total fat, sodium, carbs, and added sugars as well as similar calorie counts.

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs

Name-brand cereal on the left, Aldi cereal on the right. They look identical when poured into bowls.

Taste-wise, though, the name brand General Mills cereal may have a slight edge over the Aldi cereal, at least if you like sweet cereal. The Reese’s Puffs cereal is noticeably sweeter than the Millville cereal, although I’m not sure why because both brands have the same amount of sugar.

The Aldi cereal is fine on its own merits, and my family likes it and will happily eat it with no complaints. I buy it fairly regularly. It’s just not quite the same as its General Mills counterpart.

The Verdict:

Millville Cocoa Peanut Butter Puffs is the Aldi take on General Mills Reese’s Puffs cereal. This tastes fine, but it’s not quite as sweet as the name brand. In terms of nutrition information and ingredients, though, both cereals are almost identical. While the Millville cereal is not an exact duplicate of Reese’s Puffs, it’s worth a try if you have chocolate and peanut butter fans in your house.

About Rachael

Rachael is the Co-founder of Aldi Reviewer. When she isn't busy shopping at Aldi, she enjoys cooking, gardening, writing gothic romance, and collecting more houseplants than she probably should. You can learn more about her at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *