Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is lawn and garden supplies, Earth Day-themed items, rain gear, and some healthy food highlights.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Gardenline 4-Tier or Drop-Over Greenhouse, $19.99. We’ve owned Aldi’s 4-tier greenhouse for two years, and it’s a useful tool for helping to start seedlings each spring. Read our review here. Aldi is also selling a drop-over greenhouse this year that we’ve never seen them sell before, so we’re curious about that. This week’s greenhouse options are in addition to a larger, more expensive walk-in greenhouse Aldi sold a couple of weeks ago.
ALDI Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other lawn and garden supplies include:
- Gardenline Tumbling Composter, $39.99. Features UV-protected, all-season construction. We bought this composter last year. It takes a long time to get much finished compost from this bin, possibly because its volume capacity is on the small side. Read our full review here.
- Gardenline Heavy-Duty Kink Control Garden Hose, $16.99. Features 50′ length. Read our review here.
- Suncast Multi-Purpose Cart, $19.99. Features a 15-gallon capacity.
- Gardenline Telescopic Watering Wand with Gutter Blaster, $12.99.
- Gardenline PRO Series Hose Nozzle Assortment, $7.99 each. Read our review of one of Aldi’s past hose nozzle selections here.
- Spectracide Weed & Feed Spray, $8.99.
- Encap All-in-One Wildflower Mix, $4.99.
- Gardenline 4-Pack Plant Supports, $3.99.
- Gardenline Long Handle Garden Tool, $9.99 each.
- Gardenline 18″ Resin Wicker Planter, $12.99. For indoor and outdoor use.
- Gardenline Solar Garden Figurines, $12.99 each.
- Huntington Home Rubber Gate Coir Mat, $8.99 each.
- Gardenline Ladies’ Garden Boots, $11.99 per pair. Read our review of a pair of ladies’ garden boots from a couple of years ago here.
- Gardenline Touchscreen Gardening Gloves, $5.99 per pair.
Earth Day items include:
- Crofton Reusable Sandwich Bags, $4.99 each. Airtight seal keeps food fresh. Choose Sandwich Bag or 2-Pack Snack Bags.
- Crofton Reusable Straw Assortment, $4.99 per pack. Includes 6 straws and cleaning brush.
- Crofton Countertop Compost Bin, $14.99. Includes 2 odorless filters and 5 compostable bags.
- Crofton One-Time Bakeware, $2.99 per pack. Made of 100% plant-based, biodegradable material. Oven safe up to 350 °F with recyclable lids. Choose Muffin, Square, or Round Pans.
- Radiance Coconut Scour Pad or Walnut Scrub Sponge, $2.89 for a two-pack.
- Huntington Home 48″ x 66″ Chindi Rug, $9.99. Features 100% recycled material.
- Huntington Home 30″ x 46″ Chindi Rug, $4.99. Features 100% recycled material.
- Huntington Home 6′ x 9′ Ecoliving Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug, $19.99. Made with recycled material.
- Huntington Home Allergy Smart Bed Pillow, $5.99. Made with recycled fiber from water bottles.
- Huntington Home 300 Thread Count Organic Sheet Set, $29.99. Choose Queen or King sizes.
Rain gear includes:
- Crane Adult Packable Rain Jacket, $14.99 each. Includes zipper bag to keep jacket handy.
- Serra Mini Pocket Umbrella, $5.99 each.
Healthier food options include:
- Season’s Choice Broccoli & Cheddar or Cauliflower Puffs, $2.99 for 16 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Simply Nature Red Lentil Rotini or Chickpea Penne, $2.99 for 12 oz.
- Simply Nature Homestyle or Italian Organic Grass-Fed Gluten Free Meatballs, $7.99 for 18 oz. Sold frozen.
- Teasdale Simply Especial Plant Protein Beans, $1.29 for 15.5 oz. Varieties include Spicy Cuban and Chipotle Rojo.
- Tuscan Garden Simply Salad Dressing, $1.49 for 16 oz. Varieties include Olive Oil and Vinegar or Ranch.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Cauliflower Pizza Bites, $4.99 for 12 oz. Sold frozen. Choose Pepperoni or Three Cheese.
- Simply Nature Black Bean Corn Tortilla Chips, $1.99 for 10 oz.
- Simply Nature Herbs & Spices or Olive Oil & Sea Salt Popcorn, $1.89 for 5 oz.
- Simply Nature Organic Oat Cookies, $1.99 for 7.05 oz. Available in Milk or Dark Chocolate.
- Savoritz Vegetable Crackers, $1.49 for 4.6 oz. Varieties include Beet, Kale, and Carrot.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Simply Nature Fresh Family Pack Organic Grass-Fed 85/15 Ground Beef, $4.49 per lb. Sold in a 4-lb. pkg. for $17.96.
- Never Any! Fresh Boneless Lamb Loin Roast, $7.99 per lb.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Exquisite Collection Trio Blanc, see price in store. 750 mL, from New Zealand. Aldi says: “Exquisite Collection Trio Blanc is a thrilling Cuvee made from selected grapes of Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling. Pinot Gris is known for its refreshing citrus flavor and zesty acidity. The Sauvignon Blanc lends this wine its typical gooseberry and tropical fruit aromas, whereas the Riesling rounds it all off with lush flavors of crisp apple and stonefruit. Pairs well with salads, seafood, vegetable dishes or light meats.”
Does alfi or gardenline have any of the 4 tier greenhouse available to purchase? The one i shop at in springfield, il, never had any available.
I got a tall greenhouse like that which seemed like a cheap way to have a greenhouse, but it keeps getting blown over by the wind. Not recommended.