Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is home décor, kitchen items, home safety products, Italian food, and other miscellaneous food highlights that include some new products.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Huntington Home 5′ x 7′ Reversible Area Rug, $39.99 each. A reversible style creates 2 looks in 1. These are available in several designs and are made of 100% nylon.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other home décor and accessories include:
- Huntington Home Oversized 60″ x 70″ Velvet Plush Throw, $9.99 each. Choose Geo, Floral, or Coastal prints. 100% Polyester, machine washable, and OEKO-TEX Certified.
- Huntington Home Coastal Door Stopper, $4.99 each. These feature weighted plush designs to secure doors. Also cute for tabletop decor. Design choices include Navy Rope Knot, Beige Rope Knot, Nautical Sandbag, Home Sweet Home Sandbag, Best Summer Sandbag, or Anchors Aweigh Sandbag.
- Huntington Home Ceramic Candle, $5.99 each. Scents include Sea Salt & Rain (Flame), Pink Hibiscus (Stripe), or Buttercream Cupcake (White). Candles are 12.5 oz. and made of a soy blend.
- Easy Home LED Ultrasonic Humidifier, $16.99. Compatible with essential oils for aromatherapy. Features a built-in LED color-changing mood light. Up to 16 hours operating time per fill-up. Variable moisture output setting. Auto shut off when water tank is empty. Uses silver ion filter. Features a 43-oz. water tank and measures 9.5″ x 6.5″. Read about a similar humidifier here.
Kitchen items include:
- Crofton Lightweight 6-Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven, $24.99 each. These are available in red or blue. Approximately 35% lighter than traditional cast iron making it easier to handle. Porcelain enamel exterior allows for easy cleanup. Pre-seasoned interior for browning and searing. Features tempered glass lid and oven-safe stainless steel handles. Oven safe up to 450 °F (lid up to 350 °F). Includes recipes. Compatible with gas, electric, or glass ceramic stovetops.
- Crofton Lightweight Cast Iron Fry Pans, $16.99. Choose a 12″ Fry Pan or 8″ and 10″ Fry Pan Set. Pre-seasoned finish and oven safe up to 500 °’F. Approximately 35% lighter than traditional cast iron, with riveted, stainless steel handle for strength. Comes with two-year warranty. Compatible with electric, glass ceramic, gas, halogen, induction, and grilling surfaces.
- Ambiano Hand Blender with Chopping Bowl, $19.99. Includes 3-cup chopping bowl and whisk. Two speed settings: low and high. Features stainless steel shaft and blades. Dishwasher safe attachments and accessories. Available in Black or White. Read more information here.
Home safety products include:
- First Alert Fire Extinguisher, $12.99. Features commercial grade metal valve and trigger, rechargeable compliance unit, and included bracket. Fits inside standard fire box (not included). Coast Guard approved and meets DOT standards. UL Rated 1-A:10-B:C. Use with trash, wood, paper, liquids, and electrical equipment.
- First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm, $14.99. Battery operated; 9V battery included.
Features test and silence button for efficient testing. End-of-life warning lets you know when it’s time to replace Features easy access battery door, meets UL2034 standard for CO alarms, and has a five-year warranty.
- First Alert Smoke Alarm, $14.99. Photoelectric sensor helps reduce nuisance alarms and detect slow smoldering fires. Patented smoke entry system reduces false alarms. Slim design profile adds an element of style and is half the size of the standard alarm. No low battery chirps or battery replacements. End-of-life warning notifies you when the alarm needs to be replaced. Meets UL217 standard. Comes with ten-year warranty (smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years for maximum protection).
Italian food includes:
- Priano Gourmet Pasta Sauce, $1.89 for 24 oz. Assorted varieties available, including Italian Sausage and Peppers.
- Priano Italian Sausage or Chicken Parmesan Ravioli, $3.99 for 16 oz. Sold frozen.
- Specially Selected Crinkle Cut or Traditional Cut Ribbon Noodles, $2.49 for 17.64 oz.
- Specially Selected Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary or Pancetta & Parmesan Kettle Chips, $1.89 for 7 oz.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Chicken Alfredo Rising Crust Pizza, $3.99 for 28.2 oz. Sold frozen.
- Cook House Italian Simmer Sauce, $2.99 for 15.5-16 oz. Choose Piccata or Marsala.
- Stonemill 4 in 1 Gourmet Seasonings, $3.99 for 3.5-5.72 oz. Spices include Italian Herbs, Spices and Herbs, Garlic and Asian Spices, and Garlic Italian Herbs.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Meatball or Sausage Deli Calzone, $1.99 for 7 oz. Read our review of one of Aldi’s calzones here.
- Priano Stuffed Shells or Manicotti, $2.99 for 16-20 oz. Sold frozen.
- Bremer Chicken Penne Primavera or Basil Parmesan Chicken, $3.99 for 24 oz. Sold frozen.
- Priano Breaded Veal Patties, $9.99 for 27 oz. Sold frozen.
- New York Bakery 3-Cheese Cheese Sticks, $2.89 for 12.9 oz. Sold frozen.
- Sartori Shredded Asiago or Parmesan Bag, $3.99 for 8 oz.
- Sundae Shoppe Winter Gelato Mixed Assortment, $3.99 for 28.5 oz. Flavors include Caramel Cookie Crunch, Chocolate Fudge Truffle, and Pistachio Biscotti. Read our review here.
- Benton’s Biscotti, $2.89 for 6.88 oz. Choose Almond Chocolate or Triple Chocolate.
- Specially Selected Winter Italian Ice Cream Cups Mixed Assortment, $3.49 for 10.14 oz.
Other food highlights, plus some new items, include:
- Mrs. Freshley’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes, $2.89 for 13 oz.
- Nabisco Gluten Free Oreos, $3.65 for 13.29.-14.03 oz. Choose Original or Double Stuf.
- L’oven Fresh Plain or Garlic Focaccia, $1.99 for 8 oz.
- Savoritz Wave Crackers, $1.99 for 9 oz. Choose Taco or Bold White Cheddar.
- Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies, $0.99 for 4.2 oz.
- Bake Shop Artisan Twists, $2.99 for 10 oz.
- Millville Treat Bars, $3.99 for 15 oz. Assorted varieties available. These are like name-brand cereal bars, with a marshmallows and stars variety that looks just like Lucky Charms bars.
- GoGo Squeez Fruit & Veggiez, $6.98 for 38.4 oz. Flavors include Peach and Strawberry.
- Fuel by Nature Chocolate Dipped Mango, $4.99 for 6 oz.
- Barissimo Early Bird or Carpe Diem Ground Coffee, $3.99 for 12 oz.
- Clancy’s Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza Flavored Pita Puffs, $1.99 for 6 oz.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen 12″ Macaroni & Cheese Deli Pizza, $4.99 for 19 oz.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Jalapeno Popper Pizza, $3.99 for 14.15 oz. Sold frozen.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Cattlemen’s Ranch Fresh USDA Choice Corned Beef Points, $1.99 per lb. If you’re looking ahead to your St. Patrick’s Day dinner, read about Aldi’s corned beef here, and you can view a recipe for corned beef and cabbage in the slow cooker here.
- Simply Nature Fresh Family Pack Organic Grass-Fed 85/15 Ground Beef, $4.49 per lb. Sold in a 4-lb. pkg. for $17.96.
(Not available in all locations.)
- 30 Miles Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, see price in store. 750 mL, from Napa Valley, California. Opening with aromas of ripe apple, pear and peach, this balanced sauvignon blanc progresses to a tropical palate highlighting notes of pineapple and incorporated acidity with a kiss of oak on the lingering finish. Pairs well with white meats such as chicken or turkey as well as soft cheeses and fresh salads.
- Maguires Red Ale, see price in store. Comes in a pack with six 12-oz. bottles. Pairs well with BBQ, roasted meats and sharp cheese.
- San Antonio Cardinale, see price in store. 750 ml.