Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is Advent calendars galore, Thanksgiving- and fall-themed foods, kitchen items, products to take off the winter chill, clothing and footwear, and bathroom accessories.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Festive Collection Wine Advent Calendar, $69.99. This item, featuring one mini bottle of wine for each day of the season, sold out in less than five minutes in our local store last year, and Aldi is bringing it back again this year. Aldi has set a limit of two calendars per customer. Play nicely and don’t be greedy, everyone.
ALDI Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other Advent calendars include:
- Aldi Beer Advent Calendar, $49.99. This also was not listed in this week’s official ad, but the internet has been gossiping about it for weeks. We expect it to be as popular as the wine calendar, so arrive early (like before the store opens) if you want one. There is a limit of two per customer.
Emporium Selection Cheese Advent Calendar, $14.99 for 16.9 oz.
- Moser Roth 24 Days of Christmas Nutcracker Advent Calendar, $7.99 for 11.11 oz.
- Choceur Advent Calendar, $1.39 for 2.6 oz. Read our review here.
- Choceur Premium Advent Calendar, $4.99 for 8.46 oz.
- Omega-Snax Dog Advent Calendar, $5.89.
- Spin Master Paw Patrol Advent Calendar, $19.99.
- Disney Book Advent Calendar, $9.99.
- Mattel Hot Wheels or Cars Advent Calendar, $16.99.
- Mattel Barbie or Toy Story 4 Advent Calendar, $24.99.
Thanksgiving and fall foods include:
- Never Any! Antibiotic Free Whole Turkey, $1.19 per lb. Sold frozen.
- Maple Leaf Farms Roasted 1/2 Duck with Orange Sauce, $8.99 for 14 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Specially Selected Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic, $3.99 for 10 oz. Sold frozen.
- Specially Selected Greek Antipasti, $2.69 for 9.88 oz.
- Priano Turkey Cranberry or Bourbon Sweet Potato Ravioli, $2.99 for 9 oz.
- Specially Selected Chianti or Rosé Wine Pasta Sauce, $2.99 for 16 oz.
- Specially Selected Caramel Corn Nut Mix, $2.99 for 7 oz.
- Friendly Farms Extra Creamy or Fit & Active Sugar Free Whipped Topping, 85 cents for 8 oz. Sold frozen.
- Belmont 12-Slice Sampler Cheesecake, $9.99 for 40 oz. Sold frozen.
- Specially Selected Cream Cheese Iced Pumpkin Sliced Loaf Cake, $3.99 for 14.11 oz.
- Barissimo Caramel Macchiato or Creme Brulee Ground Coffee, $3.79 for 12 oz.
- Friendly Farms Pumpkin Spice Almondmilk Creamer, $1.99 for 16 oz.
Kitchen items include:
- Ambiano 3.5-Quart Casserole Slow Cooker, $24.99. Features a quick-lock lid.
- Ambiano Digital Probe Thermometer & Timer, $12.99. Read our review here.
- Crofton Copper Nonstick 12″ Fry Pan or 3-Quart Saucepan, $16.99.
- Crofton Stoneware Baking Dishes, $7.99 each. Choose a 9″ Round Pie Dish or 4-Quart Rectangular Baker.
Crofton Mini Ceramic Baking Dishes, $2.99 each. Choose a Mini Pie Dish, Mini Casserole, or 2-Piece Mini Ramekin Set.
- Crofton Universal Lid, $7.99. Fits 10″ and 12″ pans.
- Crofton Adjustable Turkey Roasting Rack, $6.99.
- Ambiano Electric Knife with Storage Case, $14.99. Includes carving fork.
- Crofton 3-Piece Measuring Cup Set, Fat Separator or Rangemaster 2-Pack Multi-Purpose Lighter, $3.99 each.
- Huntington Home Heat-Resistant Oven Glove, $4.99 each.
- Ambiano Hand Blender with Chopping Bowl, $19.99. Includes 3-cup chopping bowl and whisk. I’ve had this for several years and use it to puree homemade tomato soup in my slow cooker. It works well.
Products to help you keep warm this winter include:
- Easy Home Window or Door Sealer, $3.99 each.
- Easy Home Double Draft Door Seal, $4.99. Fits doors up to 36″ wide.
- Easy Home Window Insulation Kit, $5.99.
- DuPont Allergen Air Filter, $6.99 each.
- Easy Home Boot, Shoe, and Glove Dryer, $14.99. Adjustable timer up to 120 minutes with automatic shutoff.
- Easy Home Wall Outlet Ceramic Space Heater, $14.99. Features a 12-hour programmable timer.
Clothing and footwear include:
- Royal Class Men’s or Serra Ladies’ Sherpa Quarter Zip, $12.99 each.
- Royal Class Men’s or Serra Ladies’ Lounge Pants, $10.99 each.
- Serra Ladies’ 2-Pair Fuzzy Slipper Socks, $2.99 per pack.
- Cozy Character Slipper Socks, $3.99 per pair. Includes licensed characters such as Frozen and Avengers.
Bathroom accessories include:
- 2-Piece Bath Towel/Washcloth Set or Hooded Towel, $7.99 each. Includes characters such as Disney Princesses and Spider-Man.
- Shower Curtain and Hook Set or Bath Rug, $12.99 each. Includes characters such as Disney Princesses.
- Dentiguard Children’s Electric Toothbrush, $4.49 each.
Other miscellaneous items include:
- Huntington Home 36″ Cinnamon Broom, $3.49.
- Holiday Amaryllis, $4.99. This item will be sold in a premature state and will grow up to 16″–20″ tall.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Simply Nature Fresh 100% Organic Grass-Fed Chuck Roast, $7.99 per lb.
- Tyson Fresh USDA Choice Beef Pot Roast Kit, $8.99 for 2.75 lbs.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Ripa di Sotto Zinfandel, see price in store. 750 mL, from Italy. Aldi states: “This full-bodied wine features rich flavors of blackberry and currant with hints of mocha and vanilla on the finish. Pairs well with steak, roasted meats, pasta with red sauce, strong cheeses or simply on its own.”