Last Updated on July 9, 2023
EDITOR’S NOTE: Updated for 2023.
I have to admit that I’ve never been snorkeling. I’m told that it’s an otherworldly experience, with so much to see, and it is worth doing. It’s also something that, I’m told, requires the right gear, especially if you want to get the most out of the experience.
There’s probably a lot to be said for a full face mask, and I would assume you can rent those easily enough. But I’ve also learned over the years that Aldi sells unexpected things sometimes, so I can’t say I’m much surprised to see a full faced snorkeling mask show up at the German supermarket.
What We Know:
The Crane Full-Face Snorkeling Mask is an Aldi Find. It’s only in stores for a limited time, and once it’s gone, it’s gone, at least until Aldi decides to sell it again, whenever that is. Aldi doesn’t ship online, so if you can’t find it at your local store, you’re out of luck.
In May of 2023, the mask cost $14.99. That’s $5 less than when it sold for $19.99 in June of 2022. That’s on the lower end of prices compared to what I can find on Amazon.
According to Aldi, here’s more information about the mask:
- Comes in blue or green
- Sizes S/M or L/XL
- 2-in-1 mask and snorkel
- Allows for natural breathing through the mouth and nose
- Provides a clear 180° panoramic view
- Dry top snorkel design prevents virtually all water infiltration
- Soft face seal material for comfort
- Fog-preventing construction
- User-friendly with retractable snorkel and safety buckle for securing and removing it with ease
- Easily adjustable elastic mask straps
- Integrated bracket for attaching an action camera
- Full face coverage
What We Don’t Know:
We haven’t tested out this snorkel mask, so we don’t know how easy it is to adjust and use, how well it performs in terms of seal and visibility, or how long it lasts. That’s why we’ve created this open thread for users to share their experiences.
Have you used this full face mask? Let us know in the comments.