Aldi has a cult following. This is evident from the numerous social media fan groups that have popped up over the years, as well as the Aldi-branded fan gear and child-sized Aldi market playsets the grocer has sold this past year. Some Aldi fans take it a step further and do Aldi-themed baby showers or birthday parties or engagement photo sessions inside the store. In fact, three couples to date have done an Aldi photoshoot to celebrate their plans to tie the knot.
Always one to capitalize on fads, Aldi has taken the engagement photo trend and run with it to its logical conclusion. This week, the grocer announced that it will throw an Aldi-themed wedding for one lucky superfan couple.
You read that right. Aldi is giving fans the opportunity to say “I do” to an all-Aldi wedding.
The official Aldi website states:
On one very special Wednesday, we’ll be transforming the ALDI Insights Center, our model store near our Headquarters in Batavia, Ill., into the ultimate ALDI-themed wedding venue.
The winning couple will get:
- Travel accommodations
- Hair and makeup for the wedding day
- A professional photographer
- A reception for the couple and up to 50 guests
In addition, Today reports that the wedding will be officiated by an Aldi employee (who is presumably ordained) and will include a storefront photoshoot, while the reception will include Aldi-themed wedding favors, a branded tiered wedding cake, and reception foods that include Aldi fan favorites such as mini “red bag” chicken sliders and other top Aldi sellers. The winning couple will also get free groceries for a year, in the form of $5,000 worth of Aldi gift cards.
For a chance to win an Aldi wedding, here’s what you need:
- A short essay (up to 500 words) about “your love story, your #ALDILove story and why your favorite grocery store is your dream destination wedding venue. The more creative and unique your story, the better.”
- A quality photo of you and your partner that “shows off your personality as a couple, your love for each other and, of course, your #ALDILove.”
- Links to all of your social media accounts.
And in case you’re wondering, this isn’t the first time a couple has gotten married at a corporate chain. A couple said “I do” at Taco Bell in 2017. It is a first for Aldi, a company that continues to surprise us with its unique marketing campaigns and fantastic finds. We can’t wait to see how Aldi pulls off a wedding.