July 3rd has a special significance for us, and not just because it’s the day before the 4th of July.
July 3rd, 2016, marks the first day that Aldi Reviewer went live. Our maiden post was little more than an announcement that we existed, spoken to an audience of zero. (It was followed by a first-day batch of posts on sausage, gliders, chicken, soap, and electronics.)
We started it as a pilot project, but it has evolved into something much bigger. Not only have we built out the largest independent repository of Aldi information on the planet — 1,600+ posts and counting — but we’ve been humbled by the millions of visitors who have visited, read, and commented on our work. Our work has also given us a perch to see Aldi — and its fanbase — grow and expand.
Some of our most memorable moments over the last five years include:
- Our first true breakout post, the Sempre Digital Weather Station, which we posted in the first month of our site. (Aldi hasn’t sold it in a few years.)
- Introducing our regular weekly feature, This Week at Aldi, on June 28, 2017.
- Joining YouTube in 2017 and Instagram in 2019.
- Watching the Aldi keto bread saga unfold in the fall of 2019.
- Covering Aldi during the critical moments of 2020.
- Witnessing the rise of the Aldi fan cult.
- Getting unintentionally hilarious emails from people who thought we were Aldi.
- … and getting a front row seat to Aldi product rushes and Aldi fan favorites.
We’ve never ceased to be surprised, especially by posts that proved more popular than we ever expected. We’ve also loved the many insightful comments we’ve gotten on products, which have added great perspective to other shoppers trying to figure out what they should buy.
It’s been a true adventure.
We’re proud of where we’ve come in the last five years, and we can’t wait to see where the next five years take us.