For the fourth consecutive year, Aldi is selling limited-edition lemon-themed food and merchandise with a portion of profits supporting childhood cancer research. During the week of June 12th, 2022, customers can purchase products that bear the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation logo and part of the proceeds will be donated directly to the organization, up to a total of $1 million.
Lemon-themed products this year include eco-friendly recycled reusable bags, lemon sandwich cookies, gourmet cheese, yogurt, frozen lemonade bars, lemon chocolate truffles, lemon dessert bars, and lemonade drink mix, and more.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is located in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. The organization’s website states Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation was founded by Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who was diagnosed with a type of childhood cancer called neuroblastoma just prior to her first birthday. She hosted her first lemonade stand in her front yard to raise money for childhood cancer when she was 4 years old. She passed away in 2004 at age 8 after raising more than $1 million.
The Foundation states its mission is: “To change the lives of children with cancer through funding impactful research, raising awareness, supporting families, and empowering everyone to help cure childhood cancer.”
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation has a rating of four out of four stars on Charity Navigator, based on factors such as financial management, transparency, and accountability.
If you can’t shop in person at Aldi, you can schedule an Instacart delivery and ask your shopper to pick up some of the lemon-themed items. You can also get a hold of the weekly Aldi print ad that features Alex’s Lemonade Stand products, then scan the QR code to donate. Another way to help is by going directly to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation’s website and making a donation.
All of these lemon products at Aldi are Aldi Finds, so they’re only in stores for a short time. Aldi does not offer online ordering for products that aren’t in stock at your local store. Aldi sells many of these lemon-themed Aldi Finds every June during its Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation campaign, as a few of these products look similar to what we saw in stores in 2020 and 2021. So if you miss out on purchasing certain products this year, it’s possible they might return next year, but they also might not. Only Aldi knows for certain.
Lemon products at Aldi in 2022 include the following.
- ALDI Small Recycled Eco-Friendly Bag, $0.99 each.
- Sundae Shoppe Alex’s Lemonade Stand Bars, $2.69 for 10 oz. Sold frozen. Choose Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, or Pink Lemonade.
- Benton’s Lemon Sandwich Cremes, $1.99 for 15.25 oz. Read our review here.
- Bake Shop Dessert Bars in Lemon or Butter Flavors, $4.69 for 11.2-13.5 oz.
- Moser Roth Lemon Chocolate Truffles, $3.29 for 4.94 oz.
- Simply Nature Lemonade Variety Fruit Strips, $4.99 for 10.3 oz.
- Emporium Selection Lemon Wensleydale Cheese Assortment, $3.99 for 5.29 oz. Choose Wensleydale with Lemon & Honey or Wensleydale with Limoncello.
- Two Good Meyer Lemon Greek Yogurt, $1.22 for 5.3 oz.
- PurAqua Lemonade Mix, $5.99 for 72.5 oz.