Last Updated on March 3, 2021
EDITOR’S NOTE: Updated for the 2021 season.
Aldi has a lot of good seafood options throughout the year, including shrimp, salmon, tilapia, cod, and breaded fish fillets. But during Lent, a number of both new and familiar Aldi Find (Special Buy) seafood items show up in Aldi’s freezer and refrigerator cases in addition to Regular Buy selections. Here is our roundup of some of the Aldi Find Lenten dinner options at Aldi.
We’ll update as Aldi adds new products each week, so be sure to check back here later. Also keep in mind that product selection may change from year to year, and these are only available while supplies last, so you may not be able to purchase them throughout the entire season of Lent.
- Fremont Fish Market Value Pack Pollock Fillets, $4.99 for 32 oz. Sold frozen. MSC certified and wild caught.
- Fremont Fish Market Breaded Flounder or Parmesan Tilapia, $5.49 for 16 oz. Sold frozen. Tilapia is AP certified and flounder is MSC certified.
- Fremont Fish Market Beer Battered Fish Fillets, $3.99 for 18.2 oz. Includes 10 frozen fillets. This used to be sold under the Sea Queen brand label, but Aldi has transitioned to the Fremont Fish Market label. Read our review here.
- Blue Hill Bay Smoked Salmon Poke Bowl, $5.99 for 8.8 oz. Includes smoked salmon cubes, rice, poke sauce, and spice seasonings.
- Fremont Fish Market Jarred Herring in Wine Sauce, $6.49 for 32 oz. MSC certified.
- Fresh Norwegian Atlantic Salmon, $8.99 per lb.
- Double Blue Large Cooked Shrimp, $7.49 for 16 oz. Sold frozen.
- Fremont Fish Market Crab Cakes Value Pack, $3.99 for 17 oz. Wild caught and sold frozen.
- Great American Seafood Imports Tilapia Fillets, $11.99 for 64 oz. Sold frozen.
- Fremont Fish Market Shrimp Fajita or Shrimp Taco Mix, $4.99 for 10 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Specially Selected Lobster Mac & Cheese or Shrimp & Lobster Bake, $6.99 for 18 oz. Read our review here.
- Specially Selected Seafood Paella or Seafood Jambalaya, $3.99 for 16 oz. Sold frozen.
- Fremont Fish Market Chilled Crab Cakes, $5.99 for 12 oz.
- Priano Shrimp Scampi, $4.99 for 24 oz. Sold frozen.
- Fremont Fish Market Extra Jumbo EZ Peel Ram Shrimp, $13.99 for a 32-oz. family pack. Sold frozen. These shrimp are raw with no preservatives.
- Fremont Fish Market Popcorn Shrimp, $4.99 for 18 oz. Sold frozen. Shrimp are ready in minutes and can be baked in the oven.
- Pier 33 Gourmet Organic Mussels, $2.99 for 16 oz.
- Fremont Fish Market Stuffed Clams, $4.99 for 20 oz. (up from $3.99 in 2019). Sold frozen. They are MSC certified and are cooked and served in the shell, and they are ready in minutes. Read our full review here.
- Priano Seafood Linguine or Clam Spaghetti, $2.89 for 16 oz. Sold frozen. The Linguine with Seafood Sauce consists of linguine pasta in a sauce with mussels, squid, and shrimp. The Clam Spaghetti consists of spaghetti with clams in a white wine sauce.
- Park Street Deli Cajun Crab or Smoked Salmon Dip, $2.79 for 7 oz.