Aldi has a lot of good seafood options throughout the year, including shrimp, salmon, tilapia, cod, and breaded fish fillets. But during Lent, a number of both new and familiar Special Buy (ALDI Find) seafood items show up in Aldi’s freezer and refrigerator cases in addition to Regular Buy selections. Here is our roundup of some of the ALDI Find Lenten dinner options at Aldi.
We’ll update as Aldi adds new products each week, so be sure to check back here later. Also keep in mind that product selection may change from year to year, and these are only available while supplies last, so you may not be able to purchase them throughout the entire season of Lent.
- Fremont Fish Market Breaded Flounder & Parmesan Tilapia, $5.49 for 16 oz. (up from $4.99 in 2019). These boneless fillets are sold frozen.
- Fremont Fish Market Beer Battered Fish Fillets, $3.49 for 18.2 oz. Includes 10 frozen fillets. This used to be sold under the Sea Queen brand label, but Aldi has transitioned to the Fremont Fish Market label. Read our review here.
- Fremont Fish Market Value Pack Pollock Fillets, $4.99 for 32 oz. Sold frozen.
- Fresh Norwegian Atlantic Salmon, $8.99 per lb. Sold in the refrigerated section.
- Specially Selected Mediterranean Sea Bass Fillets, $7.99 for 12 oz. Sold frozen and are Global Gap certified.
- Phillips Salt & Pepper Breaded Calamari, $5.99 for 10 oz. This is wild caught, sold frozen, and includes Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce.
- Fresh Steelhead Trout, $9.99 per pound. This is sold in Aldi’s refrigerated meat section as one of its weekly fresh meat specials. Available while quantities last.
- Fresh MSC Certified Icelandic Cod Portions, $9.99 per lb. This is one of Aldi’s Fresh Meat Specials, sold in the store’s refrigerated meat section, and quantities may be limited. It’s certified sustainable through the Marine Stewardship Council.
- Fremont Fish Market Jarred Herring in Wine Sauce, $6.49 for 32 oz.
- Fremont Fish Market Shrimp Fajita or Shrimp Taco Mix, $4.79 for 10 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Specially Selected Lobster Mac & Cheese or Shrimp & Lobster Bake, $5.99 for 18 oz. Read our review here.
- Specially Selected Seafood Paella or Seafood Jambalaya, $3.99 for 16 oz. Sold frozen.
- Park Street Deli Lobster Roll Dip, $3.29 for 12 oz.
- Fremont Fish Market Chilled Crab Cakes, $5.99 for 12 oz.
- Fremont Fish Market Shrimp Scampi or Lemon Pepper Shrimp, $5.89 for 12 oz. This is BAP certified and sold frozen.
- Specially Selected Shrimp Asparagus or Seafood Risotto, $4.79 for 16 oz. Sold frozen,
- Fremont Fish Market Extra Jumbo EZ Peel Ram Shrimp, $14.49 for a 32-oz. family pack. Sold frozen. These shrimp are raw with no preservatives.
- Fremont Fish Market Popcorn Shrimp, $4.99 for 18 oz. Sold frozen. Shrimp are ready in minutes and can be baked in the oven.
- Pier 33 Gourmet Organic Mussels, $2.99 for 16 oz.
- Fremont Fish Market Stuffed Clams, $4.99 for 20 oz. (up from $3.99 in 2019). Sold frozen. They are MSC certified and are cooked and served in the shell, and they are ready in minutes.
- Park Street Deli Shrimp or Crab Seafood Salad, $2.99 for 12 oz. Sold in the refrigerated section. Choose Seafood Salad with Shrimp & Dill or Crab Seafood Salad.
- Fremont Fish Market Chilled Crab Cakes, $5.49 for 12 oz. Made with real and imitation crab and fish flakes. One package contains four crab cakes that are ready in minutes. Cocktail sauce is included.
- Priano Seafood Linguine or Clam Spaghetti, $2.89 for 16 oz. Sold frozen. The Linguine with Seafood Sauce consists of linguine pasta in a sauce with mussels, squid, and shrimp. The Clam Spaghetti consists of spaghetti with clams in a white wine sauce.