Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is holiday toys and gifts, indoor and outdoor holiday décor, winter/holiday clothing, pet clothing, and some holiday food highlights.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Hasbro The Child Talking Plush, $22.99. If you’re a fan of the Disney+ series The Mandalorian and you want The Child (or what most people call Baby Yoda) for Christmas, Aldi’s got you covered. This one even talks.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other holiday toys and gifts include:
- Bendon Board Book & Squishmallow Set, $14.99.
- Crane Kickboxing Trainer, $24.99.
- Crane 5-in-1 Multi-Game Center, $29.99. Includes basketball, soccer ball, baseballs, football, bow, 3 arrows, and air pump.
- Lionel Classic Christmas Train Set, $29.99. Includes 28 pieces. This is a change from last year’s Merry Moments Classic Christmas Train Set.
- Spin Master Paw Patrol Character & Car, $8.99.
- Transformers Generations Deluxe, $17.99 each.
- Phoenix International Me Reader 8-Book Set, $17.99.
- Disney, Disney Pixar or Marvel Bi-Fold Activity Set, $9.99 each.
- Baby Alive Ruff Riders or Tiny Corns, $16.99.
- Bee Happy Children’s Wooden Cleaning Set, $19.99. Includes a stand with child-sized broom, mop, duster, and small broom and dustpan.
- L.O.L. Surprise! Lights Glitter, $7.99 each. Includes black light to reveal neon surprises.
- Bee Happy Connector or Magnet Sets, $5.99.
Outdoor holiday décor includes:
- Merry Moments Holiday Porch Sign, $12.99 each. These are reversible.
- Merry Moments Penguin, Reindeer, Tree, Santa, Snowman, or Stop Sign 4′ Inflatable, $12.99.
- Merry Moments Light-Up Spiral Tree Set, $19.99.
- Merry Moments Outdoor Lighted Birch Trees, $12.99 for a 3-pack.
- Merry Moments Holiday Porch Tree, $19.99. Battery operated with timer function.
- Merry Moments Ornament Wreath or Tree, $9.99.
- Easy Home Indoor or Outdoor Remote Outlets, $16.99.
Indoor holiday décor includes:
- Merry Moments Holiday Figurine, $12.99. Choose a snowman or Christmas tree. Includes batteries.
- Huntington Home Stackable Christmas Tree or Snowman Candle, $14.99 each.
- Huntington Home Designer Jar Candle, $7.99 each.
- Merry Moments 2-Piece Holiday Towel Set, $3.99.
- Merry Moments Holiday Gel Clings, $1.99 each.
- Merry Moments Dimensional Wall Art, $3.99 each.
- Merry Moments 24″ Metal Lantern, $19.99.
- Merry Moments Battery-Operated LED Lights, $3.49.
- Easy Home Indoor Power Cords or Wall Tap, $4.49.
- Merry Moments Holiday Tinsel Figurine, $4.99 each. Choose a snowman, dog, or vintage truck.
- Merry Moments Glass Ornament, $3.99 each. Designs include an ugly sweater or a Winking Owl wine bottle.
- Merry Moments Ugly Sweater Wine Bottle Cover, $2.99 each.
- Merry Moments 2-Pack Ugly Sweater Beer/Slim Can Covers, $4.99 each.
Winter and holiday clothing for the whole family includes:
- Merry Moments Men’s or Ladies’ Holiday Pajama Set, $9.99 each.
- Merry Moments Children’s Holiday Pajamas, $7.99 each.
- Merry Moments Children’s Holiday Union Suit, $9.99 each.
- Merry Moments Adult Union Suit, $14.99.
- Merry Moments Novelty Holiday Slippers, $5.99.
- Adventuridge Men’s or Ladies’ Puffer Jacket, $24.99. Read our review here, and read our comparison between this Aldi jacket and a more expensive brand here.
- Serra Ladies’ Vest, $12.99.
- Lily & Dan Girls’ Cozy Boots, $9.99. Read our review here.
- Girls’ Fantasy Dress Shoes, $12.99. Designs include pink Disney princess shoes.
- Serra Ladies’ Suede Boots, $19.99. Read our review here.
Pet clothing includes:
- Heart to Tail Holiday Pet Sweater, $4.99.
- Heart to Tail Holiday Pet Pajamas, $3.99.
- Heart to Tail Reversible Pet Fleece Puffer Jacket, $8.99.
Holiday food highlights include:
- Simply Nature Fresh Organic Turkey, $2.99 per lb.
- Honeysuckle Fresh Whole Turkey, $1.39 per lb.
- Never Any! Fresh Boneless Lamb Loin Roast, $7.99 per lb.
- Simply Nature Fresh Family Pack Organic Grass-Fed 85/15 Ground Beef, $4.49 per lb. Sold in a 4-lb. pkg. for $17.96.
(Not available at all locations.)
- Ashokawna Russian River Valley Chardonnay, see price in store. 750 mL, from the USA (Russian River Valley, Sonoma County, California). The Aldi ad states: “The Russian River was originally known among the Southern Pomo Indians as Ashokawna, which means ‘water to the east.’ The Russian River Valley is now known as one of the premier Chardonnay growing regions in the world. This complex chardonnay has exquisite aromas of pineapple, citrus, and vanilla followed by flavors of butterscotch, brioche, and baked apples that all lead to a long, vibrant finish. Enjoy chilled and paired with dishes such as fresh halibut or creamy chicken marsala.”
- Maynard’s 10-Year Old Tawny Port, see price in store. 750 mL, from Portugal. The Aldi ad states: “Fourteen generations of experience go into the making of this Tawny Port. Aged in the barrel for 10 years, experience aromas of ripe berry and dried fruity with hints of toffee and chocolate that lead into flavors of jam and fig with a long, silky finish. Pair with any meal, sweet desserts, assorted nuts, mature cheeses or enjoy as an aperitif. Best when served slightly chilled.”
- O’Donnells Irish Cream Gift Pack, see price in store. 750 mL. The Aldi ad states: “Fresh Irish cream blended with natural flavors. Enjoy O’Donnells straight, over ice, in coffee or with your favorite dessert. Includes one bottle of O’Donnells Irish Cream and 2 brand labeled glasses.”
- State of Brewing Chocolate Stout, see price in store. 48 oz., from the U.S. The Aldi ad states: “Enjoy a high alcohol stout with flavors of dark roast coffee and chocolate blended with the creaminess of milk and sugar. Pairs well with cherry pie, dark chocolate cake, aged cheeses, pot roast and BBQ ribs.”