Last Updated on November 19, 2021
Aldi has revealed its complete list of novelty Advent calendars for the 2021 holiday season. Calendars are scheduled to arrive in stores Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021. This day — the first Wednesday in November — is also known as National Advent Calendar Day, a holiday Aldi created in 2020.
This year’s Aldi Advent calendars include classics such as the wine, beer, cheese, chocolate, coffee, candle, and toy Advent calendars. In addition, we’ve spotted some new Advent calendars in the lineup, including a gnome-themed calendar, Elf calendars, and A Christmas Story calendars. Noticeably absent are the storybook Advent calendars Aldi has sold for the past few years.
Advent calendars have increased in popularity over the last several years. Each calendar features small doors with surprises behind them, and you open one door each day from December 1st through Christmas Eve for a fun way to count down to Christmas Day.
The Aldi Advent calendars are all Aldi Finds, which means they’re only in stores for a short time. Each store receives a limited number of Advent calendars, and some of the most popular ones — the wine calendar, in particular — tend to sell out quickly.
Aldi has implemented a line ticket system during the last few years to help with crowd control on the morning the wine calendars hit shelves. We still highly recommend that you arrive at your local Aldi store first thing on the morning of November 3rd to have the best chance of getting the wine calendar. Also keep in mind that cheese and alcohol Advent calendars are not available for online ordering for delivery or curbside pickup; instead they must be purchased in person at the store.
Keep reading for the full list of 2021 Aldi Advent calendars, along with prices. We’ve also included links to full reviews of the Advent calendars we’ve tried, if you’re curious about how good some of them are.
Wine, beer, coffee, and cheese calendars:
(Alcohol calendars are not available in all locations.)
- Beer Advent Calendar, $49.99. This contains seventeen 11.2-oz. bottles and seven 12-oz. bottles. Limit of two per customer. Our reviewer noted that no single beer repeats more than once. Read our full review here.
- Connelly’s 12 Days of Irish Cream, $29.99. Limit of two per customer.
- Sparkling Wine Countdown to the New Year, $29.99. Limit of two per customer.
- The 2021 Collection Wine Advent Calendar, $59.99. This is $10 less than last year’s wine calendar. This calendar contains twenty-four 187-mL bottles of different wines. Limit of two wine calendars per customer. Read more information here.
- Vista Bay Hard Seltzer Advent Calendar, see price in store.
- Barissimo Coffee Advent Calendar, $9.99. Read our full review here.
- Emporium Selection Advent Cheese Calendar, $14.99 for 12.7 oz. This has a good selection of different-flavored cheeses, some more unique than others. Read our full review here.
- Choceur Advent Calendar, $1.49 for 2.65 oz. A good basic calendar with milk chocolates. Read our full review here.
- Moser Roth 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar, $4.99. Features an assortment of chocolate truffles. Read our full review here.
- Moser Roth 24 Days of Christmas Nutcracker Advent Calendar, $8.99 for 11.11 oz. Featuring an assortment of chocolates and truffles. Read our full review here.
- Moser Roth Luxury Chocolate Advent Calendar, $14.99 for 10.93 oz. This calendar looks to be new this year. Read our full review here.
- Merry Moments My Friend Gnome Kit, $24.99. Limited to one per customer. This kit is new at Aldi this year. Read our review here.
- Lego City Advent Calendar, $29.99.
- Lego Friends Advent Calendar, $29.99.
- Lego Marvel Advent Calendar, $39.99.
- Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar, $39.99.
- Mattel Cars Advent Calendar, $16.99.
- Mattel Polly Pocket Advent Calendar, $16.99.
- Mattel Kids Toys Advent Calendar, $24.99. Read our full review of one of the calendars in this group, the Barbie Color Reveal Advent Calendar, here.
- Nickelodeon Paw Patrol Advent Calendar, $19.99.
- Warner Bros Elf Advent Calendar, $29.99. This is a new calendar at Aldi this year.
- Warner Bros A Christmas Story Advent Calendar, $29.99. This is another new calendar this year at Aldi.
- Pure Being Cat Advent Calendar, $5.89. Our cat — who typically eats any treats we give her — would not eat the treats in this calendar last year. We also received reports from readers whose cats did not care for this calendar either. Read our full review here.
- Pure Being Dog Advent Calendar, $5.89. Read our full review here.
Personal care calendars:
- My Beauty Spot 12 Days of Bath Fizzers Advent Calendar, $12.99.
- Huntington Home Advent Calendar Candle, $4.99. This scented candle features a label with a simple calendar layout with numbers 1-25. Burn the candle a little at time through the month of December, and use a pen or fine marker to cross out each day through Christmas Day. Read our full review here.
- Bee Happy Craft Advent Calendar, $12.99. We found the simple crafts in this kit to be hit or miss with both kids and grownups. There were some cute ornaments. Last year’s kit also — to our puzzlement — had a toy instead of a craft one day. Read our full review here.
You can also view the full list of 2021 Aldi Advent calendars, along with frequently asked questions about the calendars, on Aldi’s website. Happy shopping!