Last Updated on July 9, 2023
This post contains affiliate links.
The first Wednesday of November is almost here, and that means just one thing for Aldi shoppers: it’s National Advent Calendar Day. Aldi fans wait eagerly to see what kinds of Advent calendars the discount grocery store will stock each year. It’s usually a mix of old favorites such as the wine and cheese calendars, along with some surprising new choices such as a candle calendar or various toy calendars. No matter how you want to celebrate, Aldi has a calendar to suit your tastes. Aldi has finally announced its full lineup of 2022 Advent calendars. We present them below.
If you’re not familiar with Advent calendars, each calendar features small doors with surprises behind them, and you open one door each day from December 1st through Christmas Eve for a fun way to count down to Christmas Day.
Be aware that these calendars are all Aldi Finds, so they’re only in stores for a short time. Each store gets one shipment of calendars, and after that sells out, Aldi typically does not restock and will not get more. Aldi does not offer online ordering for products that aren’t in stock at your local store. Aldi also does not give out rainchecks.
Aldi usually uses a line ticket system to help with crowd control for the more popular calendars such as the wine calendar, and it’s common to see lines forming outside stores before they open on the morning calendars go on sale. While Aldi has done a better job of meeting demand in recent years, we still highly recommend that you arrive at your local Aldi store first thing on the morning of November 2nd to have the best chance of getting the wine calendar or other alcohol calendars.
Stores cannot hold or reserve calendars for customers, and calendars are available only while supplies last. Aldi’s website states that it cannot provide inventory counts by store location, so if you want to know how many calendars are at your local store, you’ll have to make a visit. Aldi also states that, based on supply, Advent and holiday calendars will be available for curbside pickup and delivery beginning November 4th, 2022.
Without further ado, here are the 2022 Aldi Advent calendars. (While Aldi has released price information for most of this year’s calendars, there are a few we still don’t have prices for. We’ll update this post when Aldi makes that information available.)
Wine, Beer, Cheese, and Hot Sauce Advent Calendars:
(Alcohol calendars are not available at all locations.)
- Holiday Magic Wine Advent Calendar, $59.99 for twenty-four 187-mL bottles. Limit two. Selections in the calendar may vary from year to year. Includes 1 each of: Candlelit Memories Red Blend,13%, France; Celebrate Friends Merlot, 14%, Republic of North Macedonia; Cozy Fire Chardonnay, 13.5% – Spain; Dancing Lights 70% Trebbiano/30% Chardonnay, 12%, Italy; Dreams of Summer Rosé Wine, 11%, Italy; Frigid Frolic Shiraz, 12%, South Africa; Handle With Care Cabernet Sauvignon, 13.5%, Bulgaria; Handmade Ornaments Macabeo, 12.5%, Spain; Hibernate With Me Red Blend, 12.5%, Italy; Holly Jolly Sweet Red, 12%, Italy; It’s Cold Outside Merlot, 12%, Italy; Lovely Branches Merlot, 13.5%, Bulgaria; Peaceful Forest Cabernet Sauvignon, 13%, Italy; Singing Snowman White Blend, 12.5%, Hungary; Snow Fun Vino Rosato, 12%, Italy; Snowy Slopes Red Blend, 12%, Spain; Snowy Song Riesling, 12%, Republic of North Macedonia; Special Delivery Red Wine, 13%, France; Through The Forest Pinot Gris, 13%, Hungary; Warm Friend Red Blend, 12%, France; Winter Adventure White Blend, 12.5%, Portugal; Winter Getaway Red Blend, 12.5%, Portugal; Winter Vacation Chenin Blanc, 12%, South Africa; and Wintertime Wonders Grenache, 14.5%, Spain. Here’s more information about the wine Advent calendar from 2019.
- Beer Advent Calendar, $49.99 for twenty-four 12-oz. cans. Limit two. Includes one of each of: American IPA, 5.6%; Session IPA, 4.5%; West Coast-Style IPA, 6%; Hazy IPA, 6%; East Coast-Style IPA, 6%; Grapefruit IPA, 6%; Irish-Style Dry Stout, 4.2%; Belgian-Style Dark Ale, 6%; Bock, 4.5%; Peanut Butter Porter, 5.5%; Doppelbock, 6%; German-Style Pilsner, 4.5%; Irish-Style Red Ale, 4.5%; Scottish-Style Ale, 6%; Celtic-Style Wheat, 4.5%; Belgian-Style White Ale, 5%; Hoppy Lager, 4.5%; Belgian-Style Blonde Ale, 6%; Hefeweizen Bavarian-Style Wheat, 5%; Amber Ale, 5%; Blonde Ale, 4.5%; Pale Ale, 5.6%; Dry Hopped Sour, 5.2%; Cherry Kolsch, 4.4%. Country of Origin: USA. Read our review of the 2020 beer Advent calendar here.
- Hard Seltzer Advent Calendar, $39.99 for twenty-four 12-oz. cans. Limit two. Includes 2 each of: Spiced Plum, Green Apple, Apple Crisp, Cranberry, Gingerbread, Strawberry-Kiwi, Blackberry-Lime, Triple Berry, Tropical Citrus, Watermelon-Kiwi, Passionfruit, and Pina Colada. Country of Origin: USA.
- Emporium Selection Cheese Advent Calendar, $16.99 for 12.7 oz. Great paired with the wine Advent calendar. Keep refrigerated. Read our review of the 2020 cheese calendar here.
- Bay Island Hot Sauce Advent Calendar, $19.99. New to Aldi in 2022, this features 25 hot sauces with a total of 21.13 ounces.
- Choceur Chocolate Advent Calendar, $1.49 for 2.65 oz. Contains milk chocolate. This is the most basic chocolate calendar Aldi sells, and it’s been around for years. Great for kids. Read our review here.
- Moser Roth 24-Day Chocolate Truffle Advent Calendar, $8.99 for 11.11 oz. This is the mid-priced chocolate calendar at Aldi, and it contains assorted chocolates and truffles. Read our review of a similar calendar (with 12 days instead of 24) here.
- Moser Roth Luxury Chocolate Advent Calendar, $15.99 for 10.93 oz. This 3D pop-up calendar with Belgian chocolates was new to Aldi in 2021. The chocolate is excellent, although the pop-up calendar portion was hard to figure out. Read our review along with an explanation of how to set up this calendar here.
- Choceur Eight Nights of Hanukkah Calendar, $5.99 for 3.32 oz. This is new to Aldi in 2022 and features eight pieces of kosher Belgian chocolate. Read our review here.
Cat and Dog Advent Calendars:
- Pure Being Cat Advent Calendar, $7.99 for 4.3-5.3 oz. The Aldi cat Advent calendar has never been great, and our cat never ate the treats. In 2021, it was recalled because the treats were so hard they posed a choking risk. Aldi must have changed suppliers or revamped the formula, because they’ve got another cat Advent calendar this year. We’re curious to see if this year’s calendar is better. This year’s calendar features a salmon recipe and is all natural with no artificial ingredients, colors, or preservatives. Read our review of the new 2022 calendar here, and read our review of the old recalled calendar here.
- Pure Being Dog Advent Calendar, $7.99 for 4.3-5.3 oz. Similar to the cat calendar mentioned above, Aldi recalled its dog Advent calendar last year due to a choking risk. That means this is probably a new formula for 2022. This year’s calendar features salmon & sweet potato and is grain free and all natural with no artificial ingredients, colors or preservatives. You can read our review of the new 2022 dog calendar here, and our old dog calendar review is here.
Specialty Advent Calendars:
- Merry Moments My Friend Gnome Kit, $29.99. Limit two. This is like Elf of the Shelf but with a gnome instead. It includes a gnome doll, 24 days worth of scene props, a storybook, and a keepsake reusable box along with instructions for setting up mischievous and hilarious holiday scenes with your gnome throughout your home. Like an Advent calendar, this kit helps you count down the last 24 days of Christmas. Includes an insert for the parents that gives instructions on how to set up each scene and what at-home product you can use to pair with the gnome (included). Read the storybook to your little one on November 30th to kick start the countdown to Christmas. Change locations of My Friend Gnome every night so that your little one can search to see what the Gnome is up to each night. Read our full review here.
- Warner Bros. Elf, Christmas Story, or Gremlins Advent Calendar, $29.99. Elf Advent Calendar features 24 days of fun collectible surprises from the movie ELF. Surprises include 1” stylized posed figures and more to build the world of Buddy and his friends. The set includes fan favorite characters Buddy the Elf™, Papa Elf, Leon the Snowman, and more. A Christmas Story Advent Calendar includes 1” stylized posed figures and more to build the world of Ralphie and his cohorts. The set includes fan favorite characters and elements like Ralphie in his pink bunny suit, Bumpus’ dogs, the infamous leg lamp, and more. In the Gremlins calendar, help Gizmo find all the Gremlins and mean Mogwai before they find him and count down the days until Christmas. Features pop-up environment. All of these calendars are for ages 4+. Read more about the Elf and Christmas Story calendars here.
- Huntington Home Candle Advent Calendar, $39.99. This is new to Aldi in 2022. It features a collection of twenty-five 2.3-ounce candles, including some Aldi favorites. Each drawer contains a different festive scent to fragrance your home throughout the entire holiday season. Scents include: Spiced Orange, Mulberry & Vanilla, Caramel & Ginger Cookie, Winter Pine & Eucalyptus, Hot Toddy, Cherry Amaretto, Eggnog, Old Fashioned, Snowdrop, Pomegranate & Sandalwood, Firewood, Apricot & Oud, Redcurrant & Cream, Eucalyptus
Green Ivy, Amber & Winter Fir, Clove, Winter Woods, Freesia & Pear, Almond & Macaroon, Bergamot & Oud, Peppermint Snowdrop, Spiced Berries, Smoke & Cedar, and Winter Wishes. Read our review here.
- Huntington Home Advent Calendar Candle, see price in store. This is an 18-ounce soy blend candle that comes in three scents: Spice Cake, Peppermint Bark, or White Balsam & Cedar. Aldi has sold these for a couple of years now. It’s a large candle with a small December calendar printed on the front label, and you cross off each day as you go through the month, burning as little or as much of the candle as you want. Read our review here.
Toy Advent Calendars:
- LEGO Marvel, Star Wars, or Harry Potter Advent Calendar, $39.99 each. Each calendar features 24 gift doors and 274–335 pieces. Age 6+ for Star Wars. Age 7+ for Harry Potter and Avengers.
- LEGO City or LEGO Friends Advent Calendar, $29.99. Features 24 gift doors to open. LEGO Friends: Age 6+. LEGO City: Age 5+. Each calendar includes 349–370 pieces.
- Pokémon or Cocomelon Advent Calendar, $29.99 each. Pokémon Holiday Calendar includes 34 total pieces with sixteen 2″ figures and 7 accessories with 24 days of doors to open. For ages 4+. Cocomelon Holiday Calendar includes 9 figures and 15 accessories with 24 days of doors to open. For ages 3+.
- Mattel Kids’ Toys Advent Calendar, $24.99. Choose a Barbie Reveal Advent Calendar, Minecraft Mob Head Minis Advent Calendar, or Jurassic World Advent Calendar. Barbie Color Reveal dolls (for ages 3+) deliver an unboxing experience that’s full of surprises; 7 of them! A doll wearing a trendy fashion is guaranteed, but each doll’s look remains a mystery until revealed. Remove them all and bathe in warm water; features are revealed! . Minecraft Mob Head Minis Advent Calendar (for ages 6+) includes 6 iconic Mob Head Minis and 18 accessories. Jurassic World Advent Calendar (for ages 3+) includes over 30 toy pieces, including 19 mini dinosaurs, 1 mini human figure, and multiple gate and platform pieces all in a holiday-themed package.
- WowWee Fashion Fidget, Baby Shark, or Twilight Daycare Advent Calendar, $24.99. Fashion Fidgets Advent Calendar (for ages 4+) offers different fidget accessories behind each window that can be added on to your fidget doll. Includes skirt with fidget component, keychain, and pencil topper. Each doll comes with a hook to attach to a backpack. Twilight Daycare Advent Calendar (for ages 4+) includes 9 babies with different faces and styles and 9 toys that the babies can hold and play with, plus four days of currency to redeem robux and prizes in the TD Roblox game and three days of vehicles. Baby Shark Advent Calendar (for ages 3+) features 24 mystery items, including figures, accessories, props, and stickers. Accessories include slide, sleigh, and ice rink for figures. Read our review of the Fashion Fidget calendar here.
- Mattel Cars, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels, or Little People Advent Calendar, $17.99 each. Disney Pixar Cars Advent Calendar includes 24 days of movie-themed racing surprises until kids build a complete playset to have fun with all year round. Discover five die-cast mini vehicles, including Cruz Ramirez, Lightning McQueen, and Jackson Storm, plus Cars-themed accessories like tool carts, a traffic cone, stacks of tires, and lots more for storytelling fun for ages 3+. Hot Wheels Advent Calendar features colorful Christmas-themed packaging and 24 windows for a daily surprise. There are eight decorated Hot Wheels® vehicles and sixteen accessories for every day leading up to the holiday. Includes a foldout playmat for kids to play with their new Hot Wheels vehicles and accessories, for ages 3+. Polly Pocket Advent Calendar features a family fun theme and a fold-out scene plus 1 surprise to open each day. Kids can use these accessories to set up in the fold-out holiday scene for added play value, for ages 4+. Little People Advent Calendar features a new Little People friend or fun, holiday-themed accessory each day as Christmas comes closer. By December 24th, kids will have a whole new set of holiday toys to play with, for ages 1–5. Read our review of the Little People calendar here.
- Disney/Marvel Book Advent Calendar, price TBA. This features 24 small storybooks, with one book for each day of Advent. Theme choices include Disney, Marvel, or Disney Princess (includes Frozen). Great for giving to kids when you want to minimize toy clutter during the holidays. Read our review here.
Additional Calendars Arriving Later at Aldi:
- Hinkler 12 Days of Crafting, $12.99. Available November 23rd, 2022. Each kit has 12 days of crafting activities and 400 pieces for children 6 years and up. Starter kit included with tools to create daily activities. Daily crafting activities include rock art, melty beads, crystals, and more.
- Merry Moments Ladies Advent Calendar Sock and Surprise Set, $18.99. Available November 23rd, 2022. Available in Sizes S–XL. Each set comes with 12 surprises including low-cut socks, crew socks, hipster brief underwear, bikini brief underwear, and a scrunchie. Underwear: 95% cotton/5% spandex. Socks: 98% polyester/2% spandex, exclusive of elastic. Scrunchie: 100% polyester.
- Bee Happy Craft Advent Calendar, price TBA. Available December 7th, 2022. This features simple crafts for children, with some crafts being better than others. Read our review here.