Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is St. Patrick’s Day food (St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th), kitchen gadgets and kitchen organizers, fitness and wellness items, car accessories, miscellaneous items for around the home, and seafood for Lent.
While you’re here, you can also read our post about St. Patrick’s Day at Aldi here, and our post about Aldi food for Lent is here.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Cattlemen’s Ranch Corned Beef Reuben Bites, $7.99. This unique meal, appetizer, or snack comes in a 24-oz. package in the freezer section. It consists of corned beef, cheese, and sauerkraut shaped into a breaded nugget, with dipping sauce included. Read our full review here.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other food (and one gift) for St. Patrick’s Day includes:
- Morton’s of Omaha Fresh Black Angus USDA Choice Corned Beef Brisket Flat, $4.49 per lb. If you want ideas for how to cook a traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner, see our post here. Also, we have a post about how to make corned beef and cabbage in the slow cooker here.
- Park Street Deli Shepherd’s Pie, $6.99 for 30 oz. Sold frozen.
- Emporium Selection Irish Cheese Truckle Assortment, $3.99 for 5.3 oz. Choices include Irish Cheddar with Irish Whiskey and Aged Irish Cheddar.
- Emporium Selection Sage Derby, Irish Porter, or Pesto Gouda, $3.99 for 6.5-7 oz.
- General Mills St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Charms, $3.64 for 19.3-19.5 oz.
- Pillsbury Lucky Charms Cookie Dough, $2.49 for 14 oz.
- Two Bite 12-Count Mini Cupcakes, $2.89 for 10 oz.
- Lofthouse St. Patrick’s Day Frosted Sugar Cookies, $2.89 for 13.5 oz.
- Bake Shop Irish Cream Cheesecake, $4.99 for 16 oz.
- Benton’s Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cremes, $1.95 for 15.25 oz.
- Pembrook 2-Pack Beer Bottle Covers, $4.99. Featuring slogans such as “Kiss me” and “I’m Irish.”
Kitchen gadgets and organizers include:
- Ambiano Countertop Convection Oven, $49.99. Includes baking pan, wire oven rack, removable crumb tray, and tongs. Features control panel with temperature control, timer with stay-on function, curved handle for easier grip, 1500 W, and 2.18 cu. ft. interior. Read more information here.
- Ambiano Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker, $19.99. Features Copper Titanium Ceramic nonstick coating and makes 1″ thick Belgian waffles. Includes rotating function for even cooking, power and ready indicator lights, folding cool-touch handle for easy storage, cast aluminum plates for durability and even cooking, and a removable drip tray that is dishwasher safe, and metal utensil safe. Read our full review here.
- Ambiano Ceramic Copper Titanium 10.5″ x 20″ Griddle, $19.99. Features Copper Titanium Ceramic for “ultimate resistance.” Includes nonstick surface that is metal utensil safe
with a fully immersible griddle, along with an adjustable temperature dial, removable temperature control, cool touch handles, and dishwasher safe drip tray.
- Huntington Home Over-the-Cabinet Basket Assortment, $7.99 each. Choose Black or Satin Nickel. Cutting Board Holder measures 6.75″ x 11.35″ x 15.38″. Basket with Towel Bar measures 8.75″ x 11.35″ x 12.5″. Both items fit on most cabinets and include protective pads. Cutting Board Holder holds cutting boards measuring up to 10″ x 14″.
- Huntington Home Mesh Kitchen Cabinet Organizers, $6.99. Choose a Lid Sorter, 2-Pack Helper Shelves, or Bakeware Sorter in Black or Silver. Lid Sorter stores up to 6 pot or pan lids in various sizes and measures 13.75″ x 6.5″ x 5″. Bakeware Sorter fits standard size bakeware and cutting boards and measures 10″ x 8.5″ x 5″. 2-Pack Helper Shelves nest for easy storage, and the large measures 14″ x 9″ x 6″ while the small measures 14″ x 8.25″ x 5.75″ and the set expands to fit 14″ to 27.5″.
- Huntington Home 2-Pack Stacking Baskets or Under-Shelf Baskets, $7.99. Choose 2-Pack Under-Shelf Baskets in White, Matte Black, or Satin Nickel or 2-Pack Stacking Baskets in White or Matte Black. Under-Shelf Basket measures 9.6″ x 16.6″ x 7.6″. Stacking Basket measures 8.5″ x 13.5″ x 6.125″. Under-shelf basket fits any standard shelf. Stacking basket has easy front access. I bought several of these last year, and they work well in my extra food storage area in my basement, where I keep noodle and mashed potato packets, dry beans, soup mixes, and other nonperishables in them.
- Huntington Home Wire Cabinet Organizers, $4.99 each. Choose a Pot/Pan Organizer, 2-Tier Organizer, or 2-Pack Helper Shelves in White or Black. Pot/Pan Organizer can be used vertically or horizontally. Helper shelves stack to maximize storage space. Pot/Pan Organizer measures 11.2″ x 10″ x 9.5″. 2-Tier Organizer measures 8.5″ x 17.2″ x 8.6″. Helper Shelf measures 13.5″ x 9″ x 6.5″.
- Crofton 16-Piece Durable Food Storage Set, $5.99. Includes two 7.2 cups, one 4.6 cup, two 2.1 cups, one 1.3 cup, and two 0.85 cups. Features volume markings for measuring, microwave vents on larger containers. Containers are BPA free, freezer safe, microwave safe (reheat only), top rack dishwasher safe, and food safe. Ideal for leftovers, snacks, and more.
Fitness and wellness products include:
- Welby Ear/Forehead or Noncontact Thermometer, $24.99 each. Ear/Forehead Thermometer reads in seconds with large digital display with illuminated background. For infants, children, and adults. Memory function recalls the last 9 temperature readings with visual and audio fever alarm, and includes batteries. Noncontact Thermometer reads in seconds. For infants, children, and adults. Takes body and object measurements, and memory function recalls the last 9 temperature readings with large digital display with illuminated background, and includes batteries.
- Safety 1st Cool Mist Humidifier, $24.99. Features filter-free tank, auto shutoff, two mist outlets that rotate 360°, filter-free tank, and ultrasonic operation with easy-fill tank for up to 24 hours on low setting.
- Crane Adjustable Dumbbells, $49.99. Choose two 12.5-Lb. Dumbbells or a 25-Lb. Dumbbell. For toning and strengthening chest, arm, back, triceps, and shoulder muscles. Features cushioned handles, steel weight plates, and storage tray. The set of two 12.5-Lb. Dumbbells features adjustable training difficulty, and weights adjust to 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, and 12.5 lb. Includes 8 individual 1.25-lb. weight plates for training. The 25-lb. Adjustable Dumbbell features adjustable training difficulty, and weights adjust to to 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 lb. Includes 8 individual 2.5-lb. weight plates for training. Read more information here.
- Crane 15- or 20-Lb. Slam Ball, $19.99. For fitness and throwing exercises to strengthen the whole body. Features no-bounce design, textured surface, and sand filling. Measures approximately 9″ diameter and includes example exercises.
Car accessories include:
- Auto XS Folding Trunk Organizer, $9.99. Collapsible and folds flat for quick and easy storage. Includes 2 large storage compartments, three built-in mesh side pockets, handles, and a hook and loop fastener on the bottom that fastens the organizer to a carpeted surface. Measures 25.6″ W x 13.3″ D x 13.5″. Choose a Black, Gray, or Pattern design. Read our review here.
- Auto XS 6-in-1 Auto Emergency Power Tool, $7.99. Includes car charger, safety hammer, seat belt cutter, power bank, flashlight, and emergency light. Comes with a micro USB cable, three flashlight modes (low, high, and flashing), and magnetic cap. Charging time by USB or 12V outlet: 3-4 hours. Measures 4.57″ x 1.57″ x 1.02″.
Assorted items for the home include:
- Huntington Home Quilted Queen or King Mattress Pad, $29.99. Features stain release technology, antistatic properties, moisture wicking, and fits mattresses up to 18″ deep. Queen measures 60″ x 80″. King measures 78″ x 80″. OEKO-TEX certified.
- SOHL Furniture Memory Foam Roll-Away Bed, $99.99. Open dimensions: 31.5″ x 78.8″ x 16.25″. Features damask-inspired fabric cover, self-folding legs for storage, and casters for mobility. Read more information here.
- Huntington Home Wood Blanket Ladder, $39.99. Measures 16.16″ x 1.6″ x 60″. Convenient way to store blankets, throws, and more in an entryway, bedroom, living room, or a variety of other spaces. Includes 4 rungs in Natural or Walnut finish.
- Huntington Home 5′ x 7′ Plush or Berber Area Rug, $24.99 each. Soil and fade resistant and made of remnants. Spot clean.
- Huntington Home 2-Piece Bath Rug Set, $8.99. Available in White, Gray, Blue, or Tan. Machine washable and OEKO-TEX certified. Rectangle Rug measures 20″ x 34″. Contour Rug measures 21.5″ x 20″.
Seafood and other foods for Lent include:
- Fremont Fish Market Beer Battered Fish Fillets, $3.99 for 18.2 oz. Sold frozen.
- Fremont Fish Market Stuffed Clams, $4.99 for 20 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Specially Selected Seafood Paella or Seafood Jambalaya, $3.99 for 16 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review of the paella here.
- Specially Selected Lobster Mac & Cheese or Shrimp & Lobster Bake, $6.99 for 18 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Priano Shrimp Scampi or Chicken Florentine, $4.99 for 24 oz. Sold frozen.
- Campbell’s Skillet Sauce, $2.29 for 11 oz. Assorted varieties available, including shrimp scampi.
- Fremont Fish Market Popcorn Shrimp, $4.99 for 18 oz. Sold frozen.
- Pier 33 Gourmet Organic Mussels, $2.99 for 16 oz. Sold frozen.
- Priano Seafood Linguine or Clam Spaghetti, $2.89 for 16 oz. Sold frozen.
- Park Street Deli Cajun Crab or Smoked Salmon Dip, $2.79 for 7 oz.
- Specially Selected Tall Salt Grinders, $3.49 for 2.65-5.64 oz. Varieties include Smoked Chili Salt, Thyme Lemon Salt, and Violet Sea Salt.
- Carlini Extra Light Olive Oil, $2.49 for 16.9 oz.
And if you need something to carry your shopping home in:
- ALDI Collapsible Box Bag, $5.99.
Fresh Meat Special Highlight:
- Never Any! Fresh Ground Lamb, $5.99 per lb.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Connellys Mint Chocolate Country Cream, see price in store. 750 mL, from Ireland. Pairs well with desserts, ice cream, in coffee, or over ice.
- Maguires Stout, see price in store. Six 12-oz. bottles, from the U.S. The Aldi ad states: “A creamy, rich and distinctively black stout with flavors of roasted malts. Pairs with savory dishes such as cheeseburgers or shepherd’s pie or with rich dishes such as filet mignon with porcini mushrooms.”
Just an FYI, St. Patrick’s Day is always March 17th.
Thanks, we fixed that in the post.