Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is Father’s Day gifts (Father’s Day this year is Sunday, June 21), pools and swimming accessories, swimwear, outdoor entertainment and leisure items, toys and baby gear, and several kitchen products.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- Gardenline 30″ Outdoor Fire Bowl, $49.99. We love a good backyard fire pit, and this fire bowl looks like a stylish place to toast our marshmallows.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Father’s Day gifts include:
- iTOUCH AirSmart Watch with Heart Rate, $49.99. This features a blood oxygen monitor, heart rate, water resistant, sleep monitor, pedometer, calorie tracker, connected GPS, sedentary reminder, and alarm.
- Pembrook Father’s Day Cards, $0.99. Read our thoughts on some of Pembrook’s cards here.
- Crane Large Vented Golf Umbrella, $7.99.
- Royal Class Men’s Polarized Sunglasses, $7.99.
- Daddy and Me T-Shirts, $3.99 per set.
- Royal Class Men’s 2-Pack Sleep Shorts, $7.99.
- Adventuridge Track Lock Belt, $7.99.
- Royal Class Men’s Woven Sleep Pant and Shirt Set, $9.99.
- Adventuridge Men’s Trekking Sandals, $12.99. Read our review of a similar pair of sandals here.
Pools and swimming accessories include:
- Intex 10′ x 30″ Easy Set Pool, $49.99. This claims to be ready for water in 10 minutes. You can read more information about this pool here.
- Crane Triple Water Slide with Speed Ramp, $17.99. Read our review here.
- Huntington Home Novelty Beach Towel, $6.99. These have a 58″ diameter.
- Huntington Home 30″ x 60″ Beach Towel, $4.99 each. I’ve purchased some of Aldi’s beach towels in the past. They are stylish, functional, and hold up well.
- Intex Popsicle Float or Fruit Slice Mat, $9.99 each.
- Fluid Life Vest, $9.49. Available in Child, Youth, or Adult sizes. Read our review here.
- Crane Beach Bed, Designer Fashion or Flip-Pillow Lounge, $6.99 each.
- Serra Ladies’ Beach Dress, $7.99.
- Serra Ladies’ Summer Sandals, $7.99.
- Serra Ladies’ Beach Hat, $4.99.
- Lily & Dan Toddler or Girls’ 3-Piece Swimsuit, $9.99. Features 50+ UV protection.
- Lily & Dan Toddler or Boys’ 3-Piece Swim Set, $9.99. Features 50+ UV protection.
- Lily & Dan Children’s Bucket Hat, $3.99.
- Children’s Beach Sandals, $9.99.
Outdoor entertainment and leisure items include:
- Crane Backpack Chair or Lounger, $29.99 each.
- Crane Portable Mat and Lounge, $16.99 each.
- Crane Water Misting Fan, $7.99.
- Crane 4-Player Disc Golf, $19.99. Includes 2 disc golf targets, 4 flying discs, and storage bag.
- Adventuridge Director’s Chair, $29.99. Features stowable side table with cup holder and phone holder.
- Adventuridge Lightweight Portable Chair, $14.99.
- Gardenline Instant Canopy, $64.99. Claims to set up in 5 minutes or less.
- Range Master Heavy-Duty 24″ Deluxe Charcoal Grill, $89.99. Features a 372-sq. in. cooking surface and built-in temperature gauge and bottle opener.
- Huntington Home 29-Liter Flexible Tub, $4.49.
- Adventuridge Folding Multipurpose Cart, $39.99.
- Gardenline Wooden Adirondack Chair, $59.99.
- Gardenline Dual-Function Path Light, $3.99. Doubles as hanging lantern or table lamp.
- Gardenline Insect Zapper, $4.99.
Toys and baby gear include:
- North States Ultimate Playard, $49.99.
- The Learning Journey My First Activity Cube or Shape Sorter, $9.99 each.
- The Learning Journey 4-in-a-Box Puzzle, $4.99 per set.
- The Learning Journey Grab It, $9.99.
- Bendon Learning Kit, $7.99.
- The Clever Factory Summer Bridge Workbook, $2.99 each.
Kitchen items include:
- Crofton Freeze Pop Trays, $2.99.
- Crofton Glass Meal Prep Containers, $7.99 each. Choose an 11-Cup Container or two 3-Cup Containers.
- Crofton Salad Chopping Bowl or Spiral Slicer, $6.99.
- Crofton Veggie Dudes produce peeler, $2.99.
- Crofton Pineapple Slicer, $4.99. We love this pineapple slicer in our house, and you can read our review here.
- Huntington Home Indoor/Outdoor Tablecloth, $7.99 each.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Specially Selected Fresh Rack of Lamb, $9.99 per lb.
(Not available in all locations.)
- Cattlemen Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, see price in store. 750 mL, from Monterey County, California. Aldi states: “Notes of blackberry and spice with hints of cocoa and leather. Pairs well with grilled meat, cured meats, BBQ and sharp cheese.”
- Pico Viejo Chardonnay Reserva, see price in store. 750 mL, from Argentina. Aldi states: “The intense balanced bouquet reveals green apple and tropical fruits, combined with notes of vanilla from its oak aging. Fruity on the palate with slight toasty and vanilla notes resulting in an elegantly long finish. Pairs well with poultry or fish dishes as well as seafood.”
- State of Brewing Raspberry Lemon Spiked Lemonade, see price in store. Includes six 12-oz. cans from the U.S. Aldi states: “Semi-sweet and made with real fruit juice, the palate boasts notes of raspberry and lemon for a tart finish. Pair with salads, fried fish, goat cheese, brie or cured meats.”