This post contains affiliate links.
About 90% of Aldi products are house brands. In other words, most of what Aldi sells are their own brands, which they source from various companies. The remaining 10% of name-brand items Aldi sells include both Regular Buys as well as occasional Aldi Finds. Sometimes Aldi sells a name-brand product as an option alongside its own brands, like soda or cereal, while other times Aldi sells a name brand because it doesn’t have a private label counterpart, like with deodorant or toothpaste.
Over the years, Aldi has slowly but surely increased its house brand presence in areas where it didn’t have one earlier. A recent example is hygiene. We’ve seen house brand hygiene products before, but they’ve been limited to a few Regular Buys and the occasional Aldi Find. Recently, though, we’ve seen Aldi launch a few Regular Buy items in both the body wash and shampoo and conditioner categories. In this space I’ll look at body wash.
Lacura Body Wash is a Regular Buy, which means it can be found in stores every day. At the time of this post, a 22-ounce bottle costs $2.99, or 13.5 cents an ounce. That’s about the same as Walmart’s Equate body wash.
Right now it comes in two varieties, Deep Moisturizing Body Wash and Sensitive Skin Body Wash. The Deep Moisturizing Version is marketed as an imitation of Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash, while the Sensitive Skin is marketed as a take on Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash. Needless to say, the Aldi versions are cheaper than both name brands.
Both claim to be sulfate free and say they have not been tested on animals.
Both body washes have a thicker consistency, which is what I would hope for in a body wash of this kind. They don’t lather up quite like some body washes, if lots of suds are important to you, but we’ve noticed the same trait in name-brand Dove body washes, and as a cleaning agent they certainly get you clean.
Some members of our household found the bottles to sometimes be a bit difficult to handle while wet, due to the bottles’ larger/heavier sizes and/or curved shapes. As a result, one of the bottles got dropped in the shower, and while it’s still usable, the cap broke and no longer completely fastens shut. But otherwise, we have no complaints about these body washes.
The Aldi Regular Buy entries into the body wash category perform by and large like their name brand Dove inspirations, and at a much lower price. Worth a look.
You wrote:”Some members of our household found the bottles to sometimes be a bit difficult to handle while wet, due to the bottles’ larger/heavier sizes and/or curved shapes. As a result, one of the bottles got dropped in the shower, and while it’s still usable, the cap broke and no longer completely fastens shut.” I wish Aldi would offer trial size bottles, but in lieu of that I can decant the contents of the difficult to handle bottle into an easy to handle “travel bottle” to achieve the same result.
Exactly why I only use pump body wash, face wash, shampoo, and conditioner in the shower. Anything with a cap usually gets dropped and the cap breaks. Bought the Aldi Lecura Sensitive Skin 22 oz today and immediately squeezed it into what was left in my Equate 34 oz pulp bottle. The Lecura was so thick I had to look at the label thinking I bought lotion by mistake. True, no lather or suds. I’ll stick with the Equate until I get rich and then upgrade to the name brands like Dove or Dial Gold body wash that cost 4 x more per oz.
Also, forgot to mention, could not find the ingredients source nor country of manufacture anywhere on the bottle or label, which gave me pause before buying it.
I tried the Lacura deep moisturizing body wash and it didn’t lather at all!
I honestly wonder if they inadvertently mixed up their hair conditioner with the body wash.
I didn’t save this particular receipt however I will try and return it
Unfortunately it is quite a disappointment.