Last Updated on July 30, 2023
- If you’re looking for information about a different LED projector Aldi sold in September of 2022, click here.
- In 2023, Aldi sold a Banzai inflatable screen that looks a little different than this one. The Banzai screen cost $89.99, which was $10 less than this Bauhn screen.
Most Americans don’t think of Aldi as a place to get a television. That’s a different situation in other English-speaking countries, particularly the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Australia. In those countries, Aldi is known to sell TVs (under the Bauhn private label) from time to time as limited buys, especially around the December holidays.
Aldi US hasn’t sold a television in the lifetime of this website. Big technology just hasn’t been a priority for the grocer in the United States, with Aldi having phased out laptops, tablets, and desktop PCs back in 2016. Instead, Aldi US has settled for selling small accessories, like keyboards or clocks.
At the time of this post, Aldi US still isn’t selling TVs. But it is bringing a way to watch your favorite movies and shows to your home.
What We Know:
Aldi is selling two separate accessories for the big screen experience. Both are Aldi Finds (Special Buys), which means they are only in stores for a short time. Once they’re gone, they’re gone, and Aldi won’t be restocking them. You won’t be able to order them online.
Medion LED Projector
The first accessory is the Medion LED Projector. Medion is a German subsidiary of Chinese technology giant Lenovo. This projector currently costs $129.99. Projector prices can vary by a lot, with some bargain models as low as $50 and with others running hundreds of dollars. This Aldi projector is closer to the lower end of prices.
The Aldi website also indicates the projector comes with a two-year warranty, serviced by Medion.
Unfortunately, Aldi does not have any technical specs on the projector on its website. However, we were able to glean a few things from the box in-store. Features include:
- 720p resolution (1,280 x 720)
- built-in speaker
- projects an image from 45 inches up to 200 inches
- projection distance is from 4.82 feet up to 20.67 feet
- connections include 2 USB Type A, 2 HDMI, 1 3.5mm audio in, and 1 3.5mm audio out
- external power adapter
- comes with an HDMI cable and a TRRS AV (RCA or composite) cable
- includes a remote with 2 AAA batteries
Bauhn Inflatable Outdoor Movie Screen
The second accessory is the Bauhn Inflatable Outdoor Movie Screen. Bauhn is a private label Aldi uses worldwide. The Aldi movie screen currently costs $99.99. Most movie screens online run $130 to $300, so the Aldi screen is pretty cheap.
Here’s more info from Aldi on the movie screen:
- Overall dimensions: approximately 114″ x 83″ x 25″
- Projection surface dimensions: approximately 98.4″ x 56″
- Diagonal size: 114″
- Easy to set up; inflated in approximately 1 minute
- Includes electronic blower, ropes, and legs
- Blower technical data: 120 V, 6o HZ, 0.8 A
- Carry bag included for easy transport and storage
- Offers large format movie fun; enjoy blockbusters, football and more at home in your yard. Simply bring the big screen home and share movies and sporting events with family and friends
- For outdoor use
- Designed for use with a projector (not included)
- Comes with a two-year warranty serviced by Telemarcom Service CTN/Spotlight Logistics
What We Don’t Know:
These products are new in 2021, so we don’t know much about them. We don’t know how easily they set up. We don’t know how the image looks when on display, or how good the sound on the projector is. And we don’t know about longevity. Our goal with open thread posts such as this one is to offer a space for readers to share about their experiences with a product.
Did you try out the LED projector and / or the outdoor movie screen? Let us know in the comments.