This post contains affiliate links.
Bauhn has been a regular in the Aldi universe dating back to before the beginnings of our site. A private label out of Australia, most Bauhn products fall in the category of consumer technology or technology accessories. In Australia, that has included the likes of televisions, while in the United States it’s mostly been about small electronics like phone chargers, tablet cases, headphones, and earbuds.
And clocks. In recent years, we’ve seen Aldi sell a number of clocks under the Bauhn brand. Some of those clocks have been borderline ridiculous in their complexity, while others have been simple and (mostly) effective. But never before had we seen a so-called “mood light” alarm clock, until now.
What We Know:
The Bauhn Mood Light Alarm Clock (product code 11619) is an ALDI Find (Special Buy), which means it’s only around for a short time. It retails for $17.99, a price well below other clocks of this type. Of note, it’s not just a mood light alarm clock, as it also will play nature sounds as well, a common feature in clocks like this one.
It comes with:
- The clock
- An A/C wall adapter
- A manual
Notably, although it does have the ability to run on AAA batteries, Aldi doesn’t include any.
According to Aldi, the features include:
- The ability to be powered by either DC 5V adapter (included) or 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Automatic light settings that can simulate sunrise and sunset
- Seven mood light colors, including white, green, red, blue, pink, orange, or cyan
- The ability to wake up to one of six nature sounds, light, or a buzzer alarm
- An LED time display that can show either a 12- or 24-hour format
- An automatic color-changing mode
- 10 levels of brightness
- 15 volume levels
- An FM radio with antenna (no AM, apparently)
- An auxiliary port for playing music from other devices
- A USB charging port
What We Don’t Know:
One of the big unknowns about the clock is its complexity: in the past, we’ve had issues with Bauhn clocks that can be difficult to navigate, although that seems to have improved of late. We also don’t know about the quality of the speaker in this device, which has also been a consideration in previous clocks. Finally, at the time of this post, Aldi has not yet posted a warranty on this clock, so we don’t know how good that’s for, or who services it.
Have any experience with this clock? Let us know in the comments!