Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries

Breaded chicken of all types is a staple in my freezer for times when I need a quick, easy lunch or dinner. Few things are as simple and satisfying as tossing some nuggets, tenders, of fillets in the air fryer and serving them alongside a fresh salad. Even better: all of these things can be purchased at Aldi.

My family likes the basic chicken nuggets from Aldi, along with the fancier breaded chicken breast fillets and everything in between.

One repeat favorite in our house is this bag of breaded chicken fries. They’re reminiscent of French fries, but with chicken instead of potatoes. In other words, they’re long, skinny chicken nuggets.

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries cost $5.19 for a 24-ounce bag.

These are a Regular Buy, which means Aldi sells them all year. Occasionally, Aldi sells some whole grain chicken fries as a limited-time special, but those are all together different from what we’re talking about here.

The package describes these chicken fries as “chicken breast patty fritters with rib meat.”

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries ingredients. (Click to enlarge.)

These have a fairly lengthy ingredients list, including chicken breast with rib meat, bleached wheat flour, water, wheat flour, modified food starch, and more.

If you’re watching out for allergens, these contain wheat.

One bag contains about seven servings, and one 7-piece (90-gram) serving has 230 calories, 13 grams of total fat (17% DV), 3 grams of saturated fat (15% DV), 25 mg of cholesterol (8% DV), 540 mg of sodium (23% DV), 14 grams of total carbohydrates (5% DV), no dietary fiber or added sugars, and 14 grams of protein (28% DV).

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries nutrition information. (Click to enlarge.)

The bag has instructions for baking in a conventional oven or microwaving.

To bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place frozen chicken fries on a baking sheet. Heat for 12-15 minutes.

To microwave, arrange frozen chicken fries on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer. Heat on high for the following time:

  • 7 fries for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes
  • 14 fries for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes
  • 21 fries for 3 minutes

Do not overheat chicken fries in the microwave, and allow them to stand for 1-2 minutes before serving.

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries

Heated chicken fries with bbq sauce.

I prefer to heat these in our air fryer, where they come out hot and crisp after about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. We like to serve these with our favorite barbecue sauce, ranch, and honey mustard for dipping.

The Verdict:

Kirkwood Fully Cooked Chicken Fries are simply chicken nuggets in a skinny form like a fry. Toss them in the air fryer to crisp them up and serve them alongside your preferred dipping sauces for an easy lunch, snack, or dinner.

About Rachael

Rachael is the Co-founder of Aldi Reviewer. When she isn't busy shopping at Aldi, she enjoys cooking, gardening, writing gothic romance, and collecting more houseplants than she probably should. You can learn more about her at


  1. Very unhealthy!!!

  2. My mom has dementia and doesn’t eat much because of taste and swallowing issues. She ate all that was on the plate tonight. No complaints. I am not a fan of ingredients like this but when your parent is not eating right you get whatever protein you can in them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *