Last Updated on October 28, 2023
EDITOR’S NOTE: Aldi sold a vacuum food sealer again in 2023 for a much lower price of $19.99. They also sold vacuum food sealer refills for $9.99 for two 8-inch by 20-foot rolls.
When you think about the kinds of supplies you need for a well-stocked kitchen, a few basics come to mind: a quality pan or skillet, some saucepans, a few good utensils such as spatulas and serving spoons, and maybe a toaster oven, air fryer, slow cooker, or pressure cooker.
A potentially very practical gadget you might not immediately think of is a vacuum food sealer. It helps to preserve a variety of foods, and if you’re freezing foods it’s ideal for reducing or eliminating freezer burn.
You might sometimes see vacuum sealers on those As Seen on TV ads. But Aldi also sells one occasionally. In the spring of 2022, Aldi brought back its Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer.
Vacuum food sealers have multiple uses, including:
- storing bulk-purchased meats in smaller portions in the freezer
- storing homemade and ready-to-eat freezer meals or individual servings
- for marinating meats
- resealing bags of potato chips
- sous vide cooking
- freezing fresh produce
What We Know:
The Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer (Product Code: 809218) cost $34.99 at Aldi in March of 2022. That’s a lot less than other vacuum food sealers on the market. At the time, you could also purchase Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer Rolls (Product Code: 809929) from Aldi for $13.99.
However, if you miss out on getting one of these now, Aldi tends to bring them back every once in a while. The price tends to fluctuate between $30 and $35. The last time Aldi sold the vacuum food sealer was in late 2020 for $29.99. Aldi also sold it for $34.99 in 2019 and in 2018, and it was $29.99 in 2017.
Here’s more information on the 2022 vacuum food sealer, according to Aldi:
- Features 3-in-1 vacuuming, sealing, and cutting
- Offers an air and water tight seal with 2 vacuum levels
- Includes an integrated foil cutter
- Can be used with different vacuum sealer rolls
And here’s more info on the vacuum food sealer rolls:
- Choose 8″ or 11″ refill rolls
- Rolls can be used with any sealer
- Safe for freezer, refrigerator, microwave, and simmering
- Includes date and content label for easy storage
- Rolls can be cut to any length
- Keeps food fresher up to 5x longer
The vacuum food sealer comes with a three-year warranty serviced by Monolith Support, a German after-sales support company that has also provided service for other Aldi products including the Ambiano Programmable Pressure Cooker and the Ambiano Smart Indoor Garden.
What We Don’t Know:
We haven’t tried this vacuum food sealer, so we don’t know how well it works or how durable it is. Our goal for open thread posts is to provide a forum for readers to talk about their experiences with a product.
Do you have the Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer? Tell us what you think in the comments below.