Each week we highlight a few of the more interesting items in the upcoming Aldi ad. Note that, in our area, the ad takes effect on Wednesday, but in some areas it may take effect as early as today, Sunday.
This week’s theme is kids’ stuff that includes both furniture and educational books and toys, along with various miscellaneous items for around the house or for when you’re on the go, and plenty of fun food highlights.
The Most Interesting Thing We Saw:
- SOHL Furniture Kids’ Arm Chair, $19.99 each. These measure 19″ x 17″ x 20.5″, are filled with foam beans, and come in cute dog, dinosaur, rainbow, and unicorn designs. They match some other kids’ gear Aldi has sold over the years, including Huntington Home Character Backrests (back in stores this week) and Huntington Home Hooded Plush Throws available last year. Read more info about the chairs here.
Aldi Finds (Special Buy) Highlights:
Other kids’ stuff includes:
- Huntington Home Character Backrest, $14.99. Choose a Unicorn, Rainbow, Hippopotamus, or Sports theme. Features a soft plush feel and sewn-in carrying handle. Made of 100% polyester. Read our review here.
- Smithsonian Education Rug, $19.99 each. Measures 46″ x 52″. Select from 5 learning-inspired designs including Ocean Creatures, Abecedary, Space, or USA Map. Great for classrooms, playrooms, or bedrooms. Durable and easy care, made of 100% nylon.
- Hinkler My Big Book of Stickers, $3.99 each. Over 100 stickers in each book with 48 pages and 8 pages of stickers. Themes include Atlas, Glow-in-the-Dark Space, Glow-in-the-Dark Humans, Glow-in-the-Dark Animals, or Glow-in-the-Dark Dinosaurs. Sticker pages in 4 books include glow-in-the-dark stickers.
- Bendon Large Magic Ink Coloring Pad, $4.99 each. Twenty pages and six mess-free markers per pad. Includes patterns, games, mazes, and favorite characters. Choose Minnie Mouse, Paw Patrol, Disney Princess, Blues Clues, Frozen 2, Trolls 2, or Minions.
- The Clever Factory Good Grades Workbook, $4.99 each. Choose preschool through second grade. Includes 50+ stickers, wall poster, flashcards, and certificate. Each book has 320 pages of grade-specific learning with activities to keep kids sharp.
- Hasbro Travel Games, $7.99. Choose Yahtzee To Go, Rubik’s Cube, Bop-It! Micro Series, or Simon Micro Series. Includes batteries where needed. Great for car travel.
- Minions Bean Plush, $6.99. Choose Pilot Kevin, Kung Fu Bob, Stuart, Biker Otto, or Kevin. Each Minion measures 7″ H.
- Lily & Dan Children’s Trekking Sandals, $9.99. Sizes 7/8–2/3 in Gray, Rainbow, or Black/Lime. Features a breathable strappy upper, adjustable hook-and-loop closures for the best fit, and durable traction outsole with protective toe cap. Great everyday wear for school, the beach, the playground, or any outdoor activities. Read our review here.
Miscellaneous items include:
- Huntington Home 20″ x 28″ Smartloft Bed Pillow, $5.99 each. Features a hypoallergenic 100% microfiber polyester cover and three-year warranty. Machine washable.
- Easy Home Evaporative Air Cooler, $79.99. Reduces temperature through water evaporation. Includes remote control and ice pack. Features three fan speeds: low, medium, and high; with three fan modes: normal, natural, and sleep. Includes timer function: 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and 4 hours. Also features a touch control panel, removable filter, low-water alarm, swing function, built-in side handles, four casters for easy transportation, and a 1.58-gallon tank. Measures 11.8″ x 29.1″ x 10.6″. Read more info here.
- Crofton Insulated To-Go Tumbler, $6.99 each. Features a 19-oz. capacity with 100% stainless steel lid and straw, and double-wall insulation for hot/cold retention. BPA free and available in Red, White & Blue Palm Frond Print; Whale Print; Flamingo Print; or “I have mixed drinks about feelings”.
- Crofton 2-Pack Berry or Produce Keepers, $8.99. Keeps produce fresh longer, with a guide for long-lasting freshness printed on lid. Features an adjustable vent that controls air flow, and the colander base allows for excess juice and water to drain.
- Heart to Tail Medium Collapsible Pet Pool, $12.99. Help keep your pet cool with this outdoor portable swimming pool designed for playing and bathing outdoors. Easy setup; no inflating required. Portable pool is foldable; great for travel and storage. Just fill with water and remove twist-off cap to drain the pool. Measures 31.5″ x 7.9″. Read more information here.
- Auto XS License Plate Frame, $9.99 each. Easy to install and made of a durable material. Designs include Black, Pink, Silver Dots, Silver Squares, Flowers, Palm Trees, USA Flag, or Camo.
- Visage Hair Elastics or Accessories, $2.99. Choose a 50-Pack Ouchless Hair Ties, 4-Pack Coil Hair Ties, 10-Pack Scrunchies, 5-Pack Nonslip Headbands, or 3-Pack Claw Clips in Black, Brown, Rainbow, or Blue/Green.
- Beach Bag with Swim Pouch, $14.99 each. Features a large main compartment with zipper closure, interior zip pocket, and detachable pouch for wet items. Top of bag conveniently holds beach towel. Insulated to keep items fresh. Designs include Coral, Tie Dye Swirls, Beach Fun Print, or Navy “Sea You Soon”. Measures 22.5″ x 8.5″ x 17″.
- Aloe Vera Plant, see price in store. Read our thoughts on Aldi house plants here.
Food highlights include:
- Chobani Flip Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt, $0.99 for 5.3 oz.
- Wahlburgers Hickory Smoked Bacon, $5.99 for 12 oz. Read our review here.
- Breakfast Best Sausage or Bacon Breakfast Bowl, $1.85 for 7 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Post Frosted Honey Bunches of Oats, $2.49 for 13.5 oz.
- Specially Selected Lobster Mac & Cheese or Shrimp & Lobster Bake, $6.99 for 18 oz. Sold frozen. Read our review here.
- Sartori Shredded Parmesan or Asiago Bag, $3.99 for 8 oz.
- Mrs. Freshley’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes, $2.86 for 13 oz. Read more info here.
- Ferrero Kinder Bueno Minis, $3.95 for 5.7 oz.
- Hostess Ding Dongs, $2.86 for 12.7 oz.
- Simply Nature Applesauce Cups, $1.79 for 24 oz. Choose Granny Smith or Blueberry flavors.
- Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai or Strawberry Parfait Smoothie, $2.65 for 15.2 oz.
- Dannon Danimals Back to School Smoothies, $1.99 for 18.6 oz.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Cheesy Garlic Deli Flatbread, $3.99 for 16 oz.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Premium Single Serve Microwavable Pizza, $2.79 for 9.2-9.3 oz. Sold frozen.
- Cattlemen’s Ranch Hatch Chili or Sriracha Seasoned Beef Patties, $7.49 for 32 oz. Sold frozen.
- Season’s Choice Seasoned Spiral Fries, $1.99 for 28 oz. Sold frozen.
- Clancy’s Dill Pickle Potato Chips, $1.69 for 9.5 oz.
- Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sea Salt Popcorn or Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn, $2.78 for 4.8-7 oz.
- Clancy’s Sea Salt Veggie Straws Multipack, $2.95 for 6 oz.
- Nabisco Handi Snacks Oreo or Ritz, $2.95 for 6 oz.
- Happy Farms Cheesecake Snack Tray, $1.59 for 2.85 oz.
- Sundae Shoppe Fusion Ice Cream Bars, $2.99 for 9.13 oz.
- Klondike Chocolate Shakes, $5.47 for 28.2 oz. Sold frozen.
- PurAqua Flavored Water Juice Boxes, $1.99 for 54 oz. Choose Watermelon or Fruit Punch.
Fresh Meat Special Highlights:
- Wahlburgers Fresh Gourmet Blend Angus Beef Burgers, $6.99 for 1.33 lbs. Read our review here.
- Morton’s of Omaha Fresh USDA Choice Salt & Pepper or Texas BBQ Beef Brisket, $3.99 per lb.
- Never Any! Fresh Lamb Loin Chops, $9.99 per lb.
- Fresh Atlantic Salmon with Greek Herbs, $8.99 per lb.
(Not available at all locations.)
- Pineapple Mimosa, see price in store. 750 mL, from the U.S. The Aldi ad states: “Fresh pineapple juice with premium, dry white wine. Pairs with white cheddar, Gruyere and pesto grilled cheese on sourdough and pesto pastas.”