During the holiday season, Aldi rolls out an ever-changing array of limited-time special products that are perfect for giving as gifts.
You never know what may show up in the middle aisle during the months of November and December. In the past, we’ve seen gift options as varied as telescopes, generic American Girl dolls, full-sized table tennis tables, smart watches, arcade games, cat playhouses, foot spas, and a large selection of hand creams, soaps, and essential oils. Products like these are only in stores for a short time, until they sell out. They’re not restocked, and if they are Aldi-exclusive house brands, they aren’t available to order online.
However, if you need some inexpensive small gifts, or if you’re looking to fill a gift basket with an array of goodies, Aldi sells several options that are available all year and not just during the holiday months. Whether you’re looking for coworker gifts for the office, teacher gifts for your children to give, neighbor gifts, or just some stocking stuffers for friends and family, keep these Aldi Regular Buy products in mind:
- Gift cards. Simple and easy, and certainly not to be overlooked. One of the most convenient and practical gifts you can give someone any time of year is an Aldi gift card. Pick one up near the registers and ask the cashier to put any amount you want on it in $5 increments up to $100. The gift card recipient can use it for anything in the store, including everyday groceries, Aldi Finds, and even alcohol.
- Scented candles. Aldi scented candles have garnered a bit of a cult following, with some fans known to collect entire cabinets or closets full of Aldi Huntington Home 3-Wick Candles. We’ve seen people compare Aldi candles to Bath and Body Works candles. They’re usually made of a soy blend, and most of them cost just $3.99 and burn for many hours. Aldi candles used to be exclusively Aldi Finds, which meant they were only sold for a short time, but this past year Aldi began to sell several scents all the time. In our local stores, we can find the Regular Buy candles near the laundry and cleaning supplies. View our YouTube video on Aldi candles here.
- Wine. Not every Aldi location sells alcohol, depending on local laws, but if you live near an Aldi that does sell alcohol, you have several affordable and delicious gifting options. Regular favorites include Three Mills Botanical Wine, Corte Bella Rosso, In the Pink Moscato, Sunshine Bay Sauvignon Blanc, and Crestwood Barrel Chardonnay.
- Chocolate. We love Aldi chocolate. Aldi sells several types of chocolate year round under its Choceur and Moser Roth labels, as well as under the Specially Selected private label. The dark chocolate sea salt caramels are especially indulgent, and we also like the milk chocolate bars with hazelnut paste, Knoppers, and peanut butter cups. Aldi also regularly stocks some name-brand chocolate such as Hershey’s bars and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Nuts. Whether you’re looking for cashews, peanuts, or almonds, Aldi has a decent variety of nuts for a limited-inventory store. We like the cocktail peanuts, cashew halves and pieces, whole cashews, and salted peanuts and honey roasted peanuts.
- Beef Jerky. Perfect especially for those guys who are hard to buy for, we like Aldi beef jerky, or for something a little different, Aldi also sells biltong. Pick up some Aldi nuts to go with the jerky for a great gift pairing.
- Coffee. Aldi coffee is a smart and tasty alternative to expensive coffee drive-throughs, with options such as fair trade single-origin organic brews, classic decaf, donut store blends, and more.
- Tea. While coffee is popular, don’t forget about the tea lovers in your life. Aldi sells several varieties of Benner-brand tea year round, including basic black tea, English breakfast tea, chamomile, peppermint, and green tea. Pick up some honey for sweetness, and you’ve got the perfect gift for cold winter days.
- Cookies. Whether you want to give imitation Girl Scout cookies or chocolate chip cookies, or healthier coconut cashew crisps, the Aldi cookie aisle has several good options for the person on your gift-giving list who has a sweet tooth.
- Baking mixes. For the person in your life who likes to bake, check out the baking supplies aisle at Aldi, where you’ll find some yummy mixes for chocolate chip cookie brownie bars, brownies, muffins, knockoff Red Lobster biscuits, gluten free Red Lobster biscuits, and even single-serve mug cake mixes.
- Soup mixes. Aldi sells several dry soup mixes during the cooler months that are comparable to name-brand Bear Creek soup mixes. They include mixes for broccoli cheese soup, potato soup, and chili. These make for an easy and practical dinner night. Don’t forget to include a box of crackers.
- Flowers or plants. Aldi usually stocks a small selection of cut fresh flower bouquets on the end caps near the checkout lanes. The grocer also frequently sells various house plants. Cut flowers are generally an everyday option, while live plants are limited-time Aldi Finds, but we mention plants here because Aldi rotates them into its lineup so frequently that you’re often bound to find something no matter the time of year, from fiddle leaf figs to lucky bamboo to succulents and more.
Did we miss anything? What are your favorite Aldi products to give as gifts? Let us know in the comments.