Last Updated on October 12, 2020
This month Aldi quietly published its Autumn Guide for 2020. Whether you are lucky enough to get your hands on a physical copy picked up from the store, or you just view the guide on Aldi’s website, it’s a visual treat. The Autumn Guide features 16 color pages of fall food, decor, and recipes all staged and photographed in a stylish magazine format. It’s fun to glance through the pages, and we decided to take some time here to talk about some of our favorite products in Aldi’s Autumn Guide.
The guide touches on some Regular Buys, which are on Aldi shelves year round, but naturally it spends a lot time focusing on limited-time seasonal specials — either Aldi Finds (Special Buys) that are in stores usually for just a few days or a week, and Seasonal Favorites that are typically around for a couple of months.
Here’s a rundown of some of our favorite items featured in the publication, along with links to our reviews.
- Friendly Farms Holiday-Flavored Whipped Dairy Topping — This Seasonal Favorite whipped cream comes in pumpkin spice or maple flavors. We’re partial to the pumpkin spice one.
- Baker’s Corner 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin — A Seasonal Favorite, perfect for baking pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. The pumpkin pie recipe on the can’s label has never let us down.
- Bake House Creations Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls — These are cinnamon rolls with a pumpkin twist. The icing especially has an intriguing pumpkin flavor. This Seasonal Favorite didn’t last long in our house.
- Bake Shop Pumpkin Cake Roll — A longtime Seasonal Favorite, this jelly roll-style cake combines the goodness of pumpkin spice cake with a smooth cream cheese filling.
- L’Oven Fresh Pumpkin Spice Bagels — A Seasonal Favorite, these have a mild pumpkin flavor and pair well with cream cheese and your morning coffee.
- Millville Lower-Sugar Instant Oatmeal — Because breakfast shouldn’t be as sweet as dessert. These Regular Buy oatmeal packets are great for chilly, busy mornings. While not featured in the fall catalog, we feel we would be remiss not to mention Aldi’s Millville Pumpkin Spice Instant Oatmeal here as well.
Easy Lunch or Dinner:
- Mama Cozzi’s Halloween Pumpkin Shaped Pizza — This jack-o-lantern-shaped pizza is imported from Italy and features a creamy butternut squash sauce instead of traditional tomato-based pizza sauce.
- Specially Selected Pesto Macaroni and Cheese — A Seasonal Favorite that’s popular among the pasta lovers in our house.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Toasted Ravioli — A St. Louis-style favorite, these are great paired with marinara sauce for dipping. Depending on where you live, these are either a Regular Buy or an Aldi Find.
- Deutsche Kuch Pork Schnitzel and other German food — These Aldi Finds range from soft pretzels to cream cakes to German pickles, and German food is always popular among Aldi shoppers in the U.S., so don’t wait long to score these.
- Baker’s Corner Cheddar Biscuit Mix — Like Red Lobster, but cheaper. Keep a box in the pantry so you always have an easy side item ready to go.
- Season’s Choice Whole Onion Rings — Toss these in the air fryer for a restaurant-like side item to any meal. These are Aldi Finds that only show up for a short time.
- Bake House Creations Hawaiian Crescent Rolls — A Seasonal Favorite that combines the flaky goodness of crescent rolls with the sweetness of Hawaiian rolls. Definitely worth trying.
- Ambiano 3.5-Quart Air Fryer — We purchased this Aldi Find last year and it’s been a workhorse in the kitchen, heating and crisping onion rings, French fries, egg rolls, seasoned potato slices, and more.
- Benton’s Maple Leaf Creme Cookies — We only recently discovered how delicious these buttery, crispy, creamy cookies are. They have a mild maple flavor with notes of vanilla, and they are great to eat on their own, but they’re even better enjoyed with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- Specially Selected Macarons — These went from being a limited Aldi Find to now being available just about year round. Found in the freezer section, these little French beauties are a favorite dessert in our house. Everyone should try them at least once.
- Baker’s Corner Cookie Brownie Ultimate Bar Mix — This is usually a Regular Buy, but we haven’t been able to find this in Aldi stores for a couple of months, and neither have many of our readers. We reached out to Aldi and asked what was up, and they told us this product had been discontinued. But now it’s showing up in the Autumn Guide. We’re confused, but we’re really hoping this will show up again in stores because it’s fantastic.
- Belmont Deep Dish Pie Crusts — These are Regular Buys found in the freezer section. They aren’t as deep as some other deep dish crusts, but they do the job and taste like any other pie crust.
- Bake Shop Apple Cider Donuts — Soft and filled with apple flavor, cinnamon, and sugar. We like this Aldi Seasonal Favorite better than the Trader Joe’s version.
- Nature’s Nectar Apple Cider — Traditional apple cider for a fraction of the price. This is a Seasonal Favorite, and we pick up a couple of jugs every fall.
- Baker’s Corner Apple Pie Filling and Topping — Follow the recipe on the can for a tasty apple pie using all-Aldi ingredients. This pie filling is a Seasonal Favorite that shows up at Aldi during the fall and winter holidays.
- Hot Cocoa Mix — Aldi now sells hot cocoa mix under its Beaumont private label. While our review from a couple of years ago deals with the Aldi brand Choceur, hot cocoa mix is hot cocoa mix, and it’s all good.
Trick or Treat:
- Emporium Selection Halloween Cheese Assortment — These Aldi Find waxed cheeses come in an assortment of whimsical seasonal shapes with fun names.
- Halloween candy — Aldi carries name-brand and private-label candy through the fall season. Whether you’re looking for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Starburst, Aldi has you covered.
- Pumpkin carving kit — We’ve used Aldi Find pumpkin carving kits for several years, and they work as well as any other store-bought kit. Bonus: they come with some neat stencil designs to help you carve the perfect jack-o-lantern.
- Serra Ladies 2-Pack Long Sleeve T-Shirts — I bought these a couple of years ago, back when they were sold as V-necks; they now are sold as crew necks. They hold up well and are great for layering.
- Serra Ladies Premium Jeggings — An economical wardrobe staple from Aldi.
What products stood out to you in the Aldi 2020 Autumn Guide? Let us know in the comments.
I love my aldis